Learn 101 Popular English Idioms with 8 Songs
What you'll learn
- To remember and TO USE 101 idioms on 8 different topics
- To understand English speakers better
- To understand English culture better
- To make an impression of a person interested in the culture and the language
- To appear more like a native speaker
- Pre-intermediate English level and higher
One of the main differences between native English speakers and non-native English speakers is that NATIVES USE IDIOMS. A LOT.
One of the main problems of learners of English is that they forget new expressions/words and idioms. A LOT.
So, if you are a student who tends to forget new words and expressions sometimes - this course is for you! If you'd like to seem more like a native speaker - this course is for you!
You will learn, remember, and be able to use 101 English Idioms on 8 different topics after taking this course. Learning idioms helps us understand English culture better, makes our speech more interesting and "alive", and by using idioms we can give an impression of a more native-like English speaker.
The most unique feature of this course is songs. I've written 8 songs, specifically for this course, each song includes about 13 idioms. So, first you watch a lecture, and then you listen to a song, which includes all the idioms from the lecture you've watched. This method helps us remember things much much better.
But that's not all, also in this course you'll find:
- downloadable homework sheets;
- downloadable lecture slides;
- a quiz after every topic, to check you understanding and memory;
- downloadable songs to be able to revise idioms wherever you are;
- memorable visual clues (pictures) for idioms, which you'll see twice during the course.
Study! Enjoy! Remember! And never forget again! :)
See you in class!
Who this course is for:
- People who want to enrich their speech and understand English better
- People who sometimes forget English words/expressions
- People who are easily bored with learning
- People who often have no idea "What the hell does that expression mean???"
- People who like music
- People who are preparing for IELTS or TOEFL
- People who hate learning vocabulary and idioms
- People who want to surprise their English-speaking friends/colleagues with cool phrases
- People who want to understand English culture better
Hello! My name is Maxim (Max for short) and I've been teaching English since 2009. I really enjoy my work and always try to find individual and creative approach to teaching. I've done a lot of research on language learning, memory function and I'm familiar with all the newest language teaching methodologies. So, I'm constantly progressing and developing in my area, to not get behind the times :)
Besides, I've studied English myself (I am from Russia originally), therefore I perfectly understand what it's like - learning English as a foreign language.
I have a TEFL certificate, a diploma of 1 of top 10 Russian universities and a lot of experience working in class with children and adults in Russia and Ireland, and via skype with students of many other nationalities from all over the world.
I try to make my courses unique, special and memorable, because I know that one of the most important things when you're learning something - is to keep interested in the subject.
Hopefully, you'll find my courses interesting, fun and most importantly USEFUL!