Lean System Thinking in Manufacturing
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn the basic understanding about Lean , Lean Manufacturing and Lean System Thinking in Manufacturing environment
- You will learn how the cost of product and lead time can be reduced by the application of lean system thinking
- You will learn to identify the waste in the manufacturing environment and its impact on cost and leadtime.
- You will learn to apply right lean tools and techniques to eliminate or reduce waste in manufacturing setup
- You will learn about the application of Value Steam Mapping (VSM) as a tool to identify opportunities
- You will learn the practical difficulties in implementing organization-wide lean initiatives and the prerequisite for the successful implementation
- You will get confidence by going through some of the real case study examples of lean system thinking and its impact on business profitability in small,emerging organizations
- If you are a manufacturing professional or management student and would like to know more about lean system thinking and its application to improve competitiveness, then this course will give you a broad idea .
This course is all about improving your manufacturing system performance by reducing or eliminating waste in the manufacturing and supporting the process by applying lean system thinking simple, powerful lean tools and techniques.
This course is structured with basic understandings of lean, lean manufacturing, and lean system thinking in any business environment. I have clarified some of the misconceptions of lean in the manufacturing environment. Also explained broadly, how the cost of product and delivery lead time could be reduced by identifying waste or non-value added activities in the value chain. Also discussed the practical difficulties in implementing a lean journey, the reason for failure in some of the organization and listed out the prerequisites for implementing lean system thinking in any organization.
To get confidence to implement Lean initiative in your in your organization irrespective of your industry background, I have given real case study examples of lean success case studies and its impact on business profitability in various manufacturing industries
This course is beneficial if you struggle to improve your operational productivity in your organization. Ideal learning course for Small, emerging (SME's) business owners, Plant heads, Manufacturing, Process Engineers, Managers, Executives, Industrial Engineers, Shop floor supervisors, Lean manufacturing champions, Operational excellence managers from manufacturing organizations in small, medium scale organizations of any industry background.
At the end of the course, you will be able to re-look at your organizational processes from a different perspective like value addition, non-value addition, and ready to apply right lean tools and techniques. You will be in a position to reduce your manufacturing cost and delivery lead time through the application of lean system thinking.
- Manufacturing professionals like Process, Industrial Engineers , Functional Managers, Plant head, Business head or CEO from Small, emerging (SME's) organisations who would like to improve the business profitability
- Management students who would like to enhance the professional value in the job market
Brief idea about lean , lean manufacturing and lean system thinking
some of the misunderstandings about lean and its application.Explained both misconceptions and my view about those misunderstandings. Student will get clarity about the application of lean any process environment