Actualizing and Marketing Products for Profit
What you'll learn
- WORKSHOP 1 gives you STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTION to turn YOUR IDEAS into Products, Services, and Startups for PROFIT.
- You will learn how to market your IDEA into a SELLABLE offering of value, then identify the PEOPLE who will likely buy your new app, product or service.
- You will create PRODUCTIZATION LISTS and fill them with CONTENT you will use in your BRANDING, marketing, and AD campaigns throughout the life-cycle of your business.
- You will learn to construct an ELEVATOR PITCH, to succinctly chat up your new venture, and excite potential users and investors.
- You will understand how to choose an effective PROFIT MODEL for the launch of your offering, as well as subsequent profit models for 3 and 5 years down the line.
- By the end of WORKSHOP 1, you will have the knowledge, techniques and methods to ACTUALIZE YOUR IDEAS into Products, Services, and Startups of value, for PROFIT.
- A connection to the internet, and a solid working knowledge of functioning in the online environment.
- Laptop or PC; Camera or cellphone with a camera; MSWord or OpenOffice
- A passionate interest in creating and marketing YOUR OWN IDEAS, into Products, Services and Startups of value, for PROFIT.
90% of all startups fail from bad to no marketing.
Entrepreneurs everywhere are busy developing apps, baking cupcakes, designing clothing and cutlery—each one hoping to create thriving businesses. But the fact is, most won't survive without effective marketing.
Actualizing and Marketing Products for Profit teaches step-by-step Marketing PROCESS (not academic theory or founder's stories), of building a business on a marketing foundation to assure efficient development, maximum growth, and sustained business success.
Taught LIVE @ Stanford, UC Berkeley and other universities, this proprietary marketing workshop is for entrepreneurs, mompreneurs, STEM, SaaS and game developers, and seasoned business pros—anyone looking to become their own boss, or grow their current business.
Overview of Workshop 1: PRODUCTIZATION
Actualizing and Marketing Products for Profit, Workshop 1: PRODUCTIZATION, teaches the step-by-step PRACTICE of turning your ideas into apps, products, service, and even startups, and then marketing them for profit. Don't have an idea you want to develop right now? No problem! Learn the RAF Marketing Method, and you'll be able to plug most ANY IDEA into the methodology (kind of like an math equation ; ) to produce offerings of value, that SELL with your marketing efforts.
Productization is the process of 'validating' your offering by analyzing product/market fit to assess if you have a sellable concept before producing it. Creating something that a substantial number of people will likely want, requires a thorough understanding of what you plan to sell. Whether marketing an idea, or a product in development, or more effectively branding and marketing an existing offering, Productization provides an infrastructure for lean product development and producing SEO content marketing that gets response.
In this interactive workshop, you will learn to thoroughly examine the offering you've envision (or produced), assess your competition, and discover how to iterate your offering to make it uniquely valuable. You'll discover target markets and users to sell to, and conceive future offerings that align with your current selection. You'll produce Productization lists that will function as dynamic sources of content, filled with keywords related to your offering and business to use in your campaigns.
● MBA to marketing novice, PRODUCTIZATION will teach you all the marketing you’ll ever need to know to build, brand, and grow most any business.
● Learn how to identify the Features and Benefits of each potential, or produced offering.
● Define solutions your offering provides (entertainment; real goods and/or services; SaaS).
● Discover potential target markets and real customers that have a need for your offering.
● Perform Competitive Analysis on competition in your product/service space.
● Highlight and/or create Differentiators that make your offering better than your competitors.
● Explore Profit Models applicable to your product or service to determine how your offering will make money.
● Identify Horizontal and Vertical markets for your current offering, as well as future iterations (1.5, 2.0…) of your product or service.
● Construct an Elevator Pitch to chat up each new offering, and your new venture.
At the completion of Workshop 1, you will be able to turn most any idea, product in development, or existing product into a unique offering of value, and effectively market them for profit.
After the completion of W1-Productization, you may begin Workshop 2--BRANDING (must be purchased separately), and in workbook form. You'll “Take Aim” at your potential audience. You'll learn to develop a brand identity for your offerings and business, including startup and product names, logos and taglines. Lectures drill deep into graphic design, from color theory to layering; grid-system layout; responsive UI/UX design, including a review of online technology from webhosts to CMS systems. You'll begin a professional quality image library, and learn how to create stunning visual content, websites, targeted videos, landing pages, PPC and Organic social media campaigns and more at little to no cost. Explore traditional and trending content marketing techniques, including SMM/SEM best practices.
W1 and W2—Productization and Branding complete, you're ready to “Fire— Launch” your branded offering to your targeted markets in Workshop 3--LAUNCH. You will create campaigns for product and lean startup launching of websites, print and digital advertising, email campaigns, and social media marketing (SMM) strategies. Learn Copywriting techniques for writing captivating headlines, and content marketing that SELLS your offerings. Print media basics, and soliciting PR are reviewed, as is using data analytics to increase ROI. Securing venture capital (VC), or crowd-source funding for your new venture completes the RAF Marketing Model.
By the last video lecture of this 3-part workshop series, you'll be able to turn virtually any idea into a unique product or service of value, and sell it directly (licensing agreement), or launch your first offering of many to come as a startup, for profit.
Who this course is for:
- Work-at-Home Innovators and Inventors
- Software Engineers
- Application Developers
- STEM University Students
- Creatives—writers, artists, actors, designers, looking to sell their creations, blogs or vlogs
- Seed-funded and Incubator Startup personnel
- City College Students looking for a career path
- Machine Learning Developers
- Python Developers
- Neural Network Developers
- Deep Learning Developers
- Software Designers
- SaaS App Developers
- Game Developers
- Business Developers
- Business Founders
- Small Business Owners
- Women Founders
- Graphic Designers
J. Cafesin is marcom specialist, and a creative director for Target Media Design & Marketing. She has facilitated the successful launch of a wide variety of products and startups included The Learning Company, Providian Financial Corp, Southland Associates, Bay Networks, TransWorld Entertainment, First Nationwide Bank, HP, Intuit, and many others. She is also a marketing educator at the University of California, Berkeley, and Stanford University.