Do you know that the top fortune 500 companies use LEAN as their quality management tools? Be it INTEL who could introduce the new chip to the factory in 10 days compared to 14 weeks 5 years back using lean automation or Bank of America who used lean tool like Hosin-Kanri to improve the management.
Wouldn't it be fun learning from the case studies of these big corporate for developing our small business?
Lean is a continuous improvement and a value oriented strategy of creating more value to the customers (users) using minimum resources with minimization of wastes in every steps of process.
• Value- Ability to provide the customers what they want in right time, quality and cost.
• Waste-Any activity that utilizes time, space and resources without adding value to the product.
Lean is not just only a cost related practice. It’s way of thinking and organization of entire organization. It helps organization to be innovative and competitive.
Lean Management is the concept of running a business or an organization with continuous improvement with small and incremental changes to improve the value of product or service (with improved quality) and decrease wastes, defects and cost.
There are no particular requirements for this course. Anyone with interest in project management, lean management or organizational management.
About the course 'Lean Management 2020 : Business & Project Management'
How is the course organized for lean management?
Introduction Section- Introduces you with how to work with the course, lean and lean tools with some case studies
Benefits Section- Introduces you with benefits of lean in Manufacturing, IT, Hospitals, Hostels and Hospitality Business, Banking and Finance, Telecommunication etc.
Lean tools to know and control your business surrounding- In this section we will learn about setting the goals and direction, resources and requirements, responsibilities, setting tidy and secure area and make everything visible.
Lean tools for identifying customers and aligning our actions according to their requirement- In this section we will study how to understand the Voice of Customers, map the current process and see the problem areas with mapping tools, access if the production is meeting demands and create a pull system that produces good according to customers’ demand.
Lean tools for aligning your team for action- In this section, we will study about aligning our team with Flash Meetings, Work Standardization, making communication with Kanban and e-Kanban and making improvements with Kaizen.
Lean problem solving and Root Cause Analysis Tools- In this section we will study about problem solving tools such as Brainstorming and use tools for root cause analysis of the problem.
Lean tools for breakthrough improvements- In this section, we will study about Benchmarking and Lean tools such as PDCA, A3 and Hosin Kanri.
Unique features of this course that you can count on-
· More than 20 lean management tools explained with theory, problem solving scenarios, case studies and simulated case studies, quizzes, practice test along with minitab and excel tutorial to solve some problems.
· 10 unique problem solving scenarios
· Step by step guide of using software such as Minitab, companion and excel to solve lean quality problems.
· 4 fortune 500 case studies
· More than 15 simple with animated or software integrated Simulated Case Studies
· Quizzes as problem solving scenarios and a practice test.
· Many templates and practice data files to work with.
Please don’t forget to download the following templates when you join the course:
1. A3 Analysis working template
2. Takt time excel calculator
3. Fishbone Excel Templates
4. Fishbone Minitab Templates
5. Five Why Excel Templates
6. Work Standardization chart
7. Process Capacity Excel template
8. Value Stream Mapping excel template
9. Flowchart excel template
10. Swimlane Map Excel Template
11. Little’s law excel template
Although we will be learning many management strategies and tools in this course, here are some key lean tools we will be learning:
• 5S: for workplace organization
• Kaizen and Kaizen blitz: for continuous business improvement
• Work Standardization: for keeping the documented procedures for best practices
• Value Stream Mapping: To visualize and improve the steps in product creation and delivering it to the end customers.
• Pull system: to reduce the wastes
• Just-In-Time: for reducing the times in the production systems and also a time of delivery from manufacture to the end customers.
• Kanban: As a visual management tool for improving manufacturing efficiency and helping just in time.
• KPI: Key Performance Indicators: To help evaluate the success of the organization and know what sectors to look for making the improvement.
• RCA (Root Cause Analysis): For locating the root cause of the problem and eliminating them.
• Andon: for notifying management, maintenance, and other workers of a quality or process problem
• PDCA: to help to make continuous improvement of processes and products
• Setting SMART Goals: specific, measurable, agreed upon, realistic and time-based
• TAKT time: to meet production rate so that customer’s demand is adequately met.
• JIDOKA (Autonomation): Increasing productivity and efficiency through partial/full automation.
This course comes with Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee and that's my personal promise to your success!
Enroll into the course and I will see you inside,