Lean Manufacturing A-Z: Lean Operations Management
What you'll learn
- Become the Lean Guru in your team! Combine thorough understanding with powerful tools and techniques
- Gain a total overview of Lean Operations for your Manufacturing or Service business
- Boost your career: increase your confidence to see and lead change , impress your own boss and become a better manager
- Increase profitability, improve delivery and use your resources more efficiently
- Master the fundamentals of Lean from total beginner to a competent professional. All the tools, principles and philosophy of Lean
- Practical actions on how to improve any operations business or process; from a factory to a restaurant
- Enhance and organize your business more effectively and efficiently
- Ideal for industrial / production / manufacturing organizations but also service and traditional business operations
- An MBA style module ideal for managers, consultants, planners, business analysts ,engineers and supervisors
- An appetite to improve yourself and enhance your business
- A desire to master the fundamentals of "Lean"; from total beginner to a competent professional.
- Ready to experience the rush and fulfilment of improving your business operations with the tools, principles and philosophy of Lean!
Master the tools and methodology of Lean and Kaizen to have and "impact" and "improve" your business operations - manufacturing, services, industrial operations and production.
Equip yourself to take a new leading role in your workplace - improving your processes, systems, business / organization.
Understand the fundamentals, then details of the most effective, proven improvement methodology ever. The principles, tools and essential approaches to continuous improvement / kaizen in business systems, organization and design.
Become the Lean authority in your team on improving the operations systems in your business
This MBA style course on Lean Manufacturing prepares and empowers you to make a REAL difference. Turbo-charge your career, and your business performance, to the highest levels.
This course is for the new or aspiring manager, the ambitious engineer, high flying consultant, the hands-on planners and the practical business analysts.
Business operations come in all shapes and sizes with a host of unique challenges; but Lean, whilst first developed in manufacturing has successfully lasted the decades and bridged into transport, retail, healthcare, logistics, finance and service companies. Lean remains the heart of continuously improving businesses of all types to remain competitive, improving profitability, improving customer experience and customer satisfaction, reducing costs and improving delivery.
Without a solid grasp of Lean, no manager, junior or senior, can competently or confidently look to improve their business operations, the processes, systems and teams that make a business successful.
Take control of your career and equip yourself with a solid base in Lean Methodologies that you can practically use right now to unlock the potential of your business processes!
1. Lean Fundamentals and Philosophy
2. Value and Waste
3. Inventory Management and Control
4. Tools of Lean
5. Quality Management
7. Scheduling and Production Planning for Lean
8. History of Lean
Downloadable Documents with summaries and exercises
Summary Test with 80 multiple choice questions to test and lock in your learnings
Take control! Boost your career and your business! Join us today!
Full List of Course Sub Sections:
1. Fundamentals and Philosophy of Lean
Fundamentals of Lean
The 5 Principles of Lean
Lean is like an Orchestra
Muda, Muri & Mura
The 25 Characteristics of Lean
2. Value and Waste
Value and Waste - Introduction
Finding Customer Value - Kano
Process Mapping for Value
Tea Shop VA/ NVA Exercise
Tea Shop Exercise - Debrief
The 8 Wastes of Lean : TIMWOODS
Other Types of Waste
Chasing Waste - Caution
3. Inventory Management
What is Inventory?
Why do we Need Inventory?
Costs of Inventory
4. Tools of Lean
Tools - Introduction
5S - Workplace Organization
SMED: Changeover and Cycletime Reduction
SMED Method: Gantt Chart
Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
PDCA Improvement Cycle
Quality - Introduction
Root Cause and 5 Whys
Jidoka - Autonomation
Poka-Yoke - Mistake Proofing
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
Flow - Introduction
What Stops Flow?
Reducing Variation in the System
Causes of Variation of Demand and Capacity
Demand Management - Introduction
External Demand Management
Internal Demand Management
Takt Time, Cycle Time & Lead Time
Throughput and Lead Time
Takt Time, Cycle Time & Lead Time Summary
Small Batch Sizes
Batch Sizes and One Piece Flow
Local Efficiencies don't make an efficient system
7. Scheduling and Pull
Scheduling - Introduction
Choosing Batch Sizes
Economic Batch Quantity / EOQ / EBQ
Every Product Every Interval ( EPEI )
Cake Shop Example - Pull vs Push
Production Pull in a Burger Shop
Kanban - Production Planning
Push vs Pull Approaches
Pull: Pros and Cons
Push Pull Combination
8. History of Lean
History of Lean - Introduction
History of Lean - Timeline
Toyota Production System (TPS)
Who this course is for:
- Managers: New, Established and Aspiring Managers - especially those in operations, manufacturing or service sectors, production and industry
- Ambitious self-starters who want to have a bigger impact at work, improve things and get noticed
- Supervisors, Consultants, Engineers, Planners & Analysts, Management & Leadership teams
- People working in Production, Manufacturing, Industrial Operations, Business Operations
- Lean / Improvement Practitioners & Continuous Improvement CI / Kaizen teams
- Those who wish to become an authority in their workplace on business process improvement
- Six Sigma white, yellow green black belts who want to complement their Six Sigma with Lean
Helping You Level-Up Your Business Operations
Trainer and Consultant in Industrial and Corporate Business Operations - building high-performance teams, processes and systems.
-Business Performance Improvement
-Supply Chain, Logistics and Inventory
I work with management teams to improve their business systems; bringing structure, practical analysis and direct action to help your team make a big impact, fast.
My Training Courses
- Operations Management A-Z
- Lean Manufacturing A-Z
- Supply Chain Management A-Z
- Logistics Management: International Freight and Shipping
- Inventory Management A-Z
- Safety Stock Inventory Calculation
- KPIs: Key Performance Indicators
- Supply Chain KPIs and Performance
In my courses, I teach the most valuable subject knowledge, in the least time, that you can really "use" to enhance your own career and business. All wrapped up with a few goofy jokes, silly stories and inappropriate examples!
Industrial Sectors of Experience
✔Automotive OEM and Suppliers
✔FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods)
✔High Value Manufacturing
✔Precious Metal Processing
✔Job Shop Manufacturing
Whether you're looking to become an Operations Manager, land that promotion or give your team the foundations of business operations management. Let me help level-up your career credentials and your teams'
I'm Laurence Gartside and Rowtons Training is my company - offering online, recorded and live training courses in Business Operations Management, Supply Chain Management and Performance Improvement.