Lean Manufacturing Mastercourse:25 Tools for Lean Production
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 5 downloadable resources
- 1 Practice Test
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course consists of various lean manufacturing and lean management tools that will prove valuable asset in every manufacturing, improvement and management projects.
- We will study the lean tools to manufacture the products according to the customer’s demand using the lean tools like Takt time, Just in time, Heijunka and Pull system and also study closely the scenario with and without these tools and improvements that could be made.
- We will learn tools to make a Visual Factory using the tools like Visual Management, Visual Workplace, Visual Instructions, Color coding, 5S etc. There are plenty of free resources in excel format for use of these tool
- Muda, Mura, Muri, and other 8 kinds of wastes including waste of Overproduction, Waiting, Transportation, In appropriate processing, Unnecessary Inventory, Motion, Defects, Talent. Also, we will study managing 6 kinds of defects like breakup, Setups, Small Stops, Startup rejects, cutting blade rejects etc.
- How works could be standardized and simplified?
- How lean could be used for organizational management?
- making the communication better with A3 reports with the PDCA or Plan Do Check and Act pathway and talk about Gemba walk too.
- The Course covers the standardization techniques using Production capacity sheets, work capacity sheets and standard work combination diagrams
- We will also study notifying the management about the process and errors using the visual management tools like Kanban, e Kanban and andon using simulated case before using Kanban and Andon and after using these lean tools.
- There is particularly no specific requirement for the course. Anyone who wants to learn lean principles in defect minimization and waste management can find this course very helpful.
From the Author of Bestselling Udemy Courses in six sigma and lean: 'Welcome to the Course. I always challenge myself to bring in the best value to the trust that students have when they buy my courses. This course comes with Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee if you aren't satisfied !' Relax and give it a try....
Lean manufacturing is a systematic method having the roots in the Japanese manufacturing industry for the minimization of waste without sacrificing productivity.
Lean Manufacturing has huge impressions from the Toyota Production System (TPS). Toyota along with Ford) is a pioneer of different lean concepts and tools like Jidoka (Autonomation), 5 Whys, A3, Just in Time (JIT), Pull System, etc.
What do you imagine when you think of a lean body?
Well, lean is not skinny. It simply denotes a mass with enough muscles and energy without fats.
In Manufacturing System too, lean manufacturing system denotes a system which is devoid of fats (which in this case are the unnecessary steps which are not value adding and wastes or MUDA which may be the wastes created through overburden or MURI and uneven work loads MURA.
This is a win-win situation for all parties,
Industries win with Lean because they can reduce the cost and wastes arising from unnecessary steps, delivery the product or services to the customers in time and improve the profits.
Stakeholders win with Lean because, by simplifying the steps, the profits are huge and there is a good transparency.
Customers win with Lean because they get the superior quality product and services in time without investing a huge cost.
Employees win with Lean because when the company gets stable and profitable, they have a good professional and financial future in the company. Also, as the lean steps are less complicated and well organized, the same job becomes easy and systematized.
Do you know that the top fortune 500 companies use LEAN as their quality management tools?
Be it INTEL who could introduce the new chip to the factory in 10 days compared to 14 weeks 5 years back using lean automation or Bank of America (ranking a golden 6th in Forbes Global 2000 list) who used lean tool like Hosin-Kanri in their management. The Japanese company TOYOTA (With total assets of $473 billions and market value of 200 billion, Toyota motors ranks 12th position in Forbes World’s Largest company list and world’s largest automobile manufacturer in 2018) is actually accredited for developing many lean principles such as pull system, A3 and 5 Why etc.
Wouldn't it be fun learning from the case studies of these big corporate for developing our small business?
Lean is a continuous improvement and a value oriented strategy of creating more value to the customers (users) using minimum resources with minimization of wastes in every steps of process.
• Value- Ability to provide the customers what they want in right time, quality and cost.
• Waste-Any activity that utilizes time, space and resources without adding value to the product.
Lean is not just only a cost related practice. It’s way of thinking and organization of entire organization. It helps organization to be innovative and competitive.
There are no particular requirements for this course. Anyone with interest in project management, lean management or organizational management.
About the course 'Lean Manufacturing master course: 25 Tools for Lean Production'
Unique features of this course that you can count on-
· More than 25 lean manufacturing tools explained with theory, problem solving scenarios, case studies and simulated case studies, quizzes, practice test and excel tutorials to solve some problems.
· 15+ unique problem solving scenarios
· Real World Case Studies
· More than 20 animated or software integrated Simulated Case Studies
· Quizzes as problem solving scenarios and a practice test.
· Many templates and practice data files to work with.
Course in a nutshell...
The whole course is learning with fun games with professor Einstein, betty and Mark giving you progressively difficult games and tasks throughout the course. You can also check the knowledge with the time limited practice tests. In short, this course is a full package of all the lean tools that could be applied in the manufacturing business and in the service business with full of animated tutorials, downloadable pdfs and excel templates.
My name is Gunjan Subedi and I have been working in the sector of lean production and management and quality assurance for more than a decade now. I have experiences of lean management in many production and manufacturing business including and not limited to cosmetics, neutraceuticals, supplements and pharmaceuticals. In short, you can count on me for any problems and I’ll try my best to answer to your lean management and manufacturing problems in the best way I can.
This course consists of various lean manufacturing and lean management tools that will prove valuable asset in every manufacturing, improvement and management projects.
· We will study the lean tools to manufacture the products according to the customer’s demand using the lean tools like Takt time, Just in time, Heijunka and Pull system and also study closely the scenario with and without these tools and improvements that could be made.
· Errors and defects could be minimized when they get easily into eyes of the operators so that they could be minimized. We will learn tools to make a Visual Factory using the tools like Visual Management, Visual Workplace, Visual Instructions, Color coding, 5S etc. There are plenty of resources in excel format for use of these tools.
· We will also learn about reducing the time for changeover in a step by step simulated Case Study of Mike’s SMED journey using lean tools like Single Minute Exchange of Dies.
· Defects and wastes are the other big problems of a lean factory. The major revenue loss is always due to waste and defects which could be easily controlled with lean. For this we will study tools like Muda, Mura, Muri, and other 8 kinds of wastes including waste of Overproduction, Waiting, Transportation, In appropriate processing, Unnecessary Inventory, Motion, Defects, Talent. Also, we will study managing 6 kinds of defects like breakup, Setups, Small Stops, Startup rejects, cutting blade rejects etc. We will also study calculating the cost of poor quality including costs like Preventive Maintenance, Internal and External Failure Costs
· Communication is another barrior of lean management. We will study about making the communication better with A3 reports with the PDCA or Plan Do Check and Act pathway and talk about Gemba walk too.
· We will also study notifying the management about the process and errors using the visual management tools like Kanban, e Kanban and andon using simulated case before using Kanban and Andon and after using these lean tools.
· Automation is the heart of any manufacturing business, we will study about Andon.using the case study of a Fortune 500 company.
· The course also deals with the managerial aspects of lean manufacturing using tools like SMART GOALS, Key performance Indicators, Hosin Kanri or Policy Deployment and Making continuous improvement with Kaizen and Kaizen Events.
· The Course covers the standardization techniques using Production capacity sheets, work capacity sheets and standard work combination diagrams
· At last we will also study the road map of Mistake proofing also called Poka Yoke.
Although we will be learning many management strategies and tools in this course, here are some key lean tools we will be learning:
5S is a method designed to build managed quality work environment with 5 steps; Sort, Straighten, Shrine, Standardize and Sustain.
Kaizen is a japanese term which means to change and put back together in a better way also meaning ‘Continuous improvement’.
Kaizen blitz (or rapid improvement), is a focused activity on a particular process or activity to remove the waste.
Kaizen burst is a specific kaizen activity on a particular process in the value stream.
3M stands for
Muri (overburden) and
And these terms are used in waste management in lean six sigma projects.
Work Standardization is Documented procedures for best practices and includes SOPs/ Specifications/ Work Instructions/Job descriptions/Work manual etc.
VSM is a Visual map flow of production/ services/ business. It shows that current and future state of processes in a way that opportunities for improvements are highlighted.
Pull system is a lean concept in which Production is based on consumer demand rather than pushing parts based on projected demand.
Kanban is a Method of regulating process and goods flow and uses cards board and lists for automatic replenishment.
KPI or Key performance indicators are the metrics designed to track and encourage progress towards critical goals of the organization.
OEE is the ratio of the actual output of the equipment divided by the maximum output of the equipment under the best performance condition.
OEE is = Availability times Performance rate times Quality rate
Root Cause Analysis or RCA is finding the root cause of any problem. Some of the RCA tools are:
Cause and effect
Net diagram and pareto charts etc
SMED or Single minute exchange of dies is reduction of changeover steps in less than 10 minutes.
Andon is a Visual feedback for indicating production status, alert when we need assistance and empowers to stop production process. It draws immediate attention to the problem so that problems can be instantly accessed.
Heijunka is a system of purposely manufacturing in small batches so that by mixing product variants within same process. It is also called line/level balancing or production scheduling.
PDCA stands for
PDCA is used in various improvement opportunities in Kaizen and A3 reports. An A3 reports is a summary of all the PDCA improvement activities in a single sheet of A3 paper.
Poka Yoke is also called Mistake-Proofing is used in prevention of errors, facilitation of detection, and detection of errors.
Setting SMART goals is Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time Specific goals.
Takt time gives an idea about what should be the production rate so that customer’s demand are adequately met.
We will also learn managing six big losses :
Reduction of speed
JIDOKA is used for increasing the productivity and efficiency through partial/full automation.
Policy Deployment or hosin kanri is aligning the goals of the company (Strategy) with plans of middle management (tactics) & work performed on plant floor (Action).
Please don’t forget to download the following templates when you join the course:
A3 Analysis working template
Takt time excel calculator
Fishbone Excel Templates
Five Why Excel Templates
Work Standardization chart
Process Capacity Excel template
Value Stream Mapping excel template
Flowchart excel template
Swim-lane Map Excel Template.
Please Enroll into the course and I will see you inside to make sure you are learning skills for lifetime.
- Any professionals and students thinking of improving their skills in lean management, quality management or business improvement.
- Any industry or manufacturing based professionals who want to learn lean concepts of process improvement, defect and waste management.
- Other than these following professionals may find the course more useful: Students appearing in Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Technician (CQT) exams.