Certified Lean Management for Non-manufacturing Processes
What you'll learn
- A simplified and practical approach to improve non-manufacturing processes.
- Understand the difference between value-added and non-value-added activities
- Understanding the eight types of wastes in manufacturing and non-manufacturing (service industry) environment
- Improve and existing process using ACES approach (Automate, Consolidate, Eliminate or Simplify)
- No prior experience or knowledge is expected
Note: Students who complete this course have an option to apply for the certification exam by Quality Gurus Inc. and can achieve the Verified Certification from Quality Gurus Inc. It is optional and there is no separate fee for that.
Lean Management was originated in the manufacturing environment. It has been widely used in manufacturing around the world to reduce waste in production and to provide value to the customers.
Lean Management is equally applicable to non-manufacturing environments as well. Some of the non-manufacturing sectors where the lean has been successfully implemented include:
Travel and entertainment
and many other industries
This course will help you to:
Understand what Lean is, what it is not;
What are the benefits of implementing Lean;
The difference in the process improvement approaches using Lean and Six Sigma;
Gain a deeper understanding of the five basic lean principles;
Apply lean principles to non-manufacturing processes;
Understand quality from the customer's perspective and avoid non-value-added steps from the work processes
Understand the difference between Muda, Mura and Muri;
Develop strategies to avoid the eight wastes of lean (TIM WOODS - Transportation, Inventory, Motion, Waiting, Overprocessing, Overproduction, Defects, Underutilized skills)
Draw a Flow Chart or a Value Stream Map to understand the process
Improve your management and leadership skills;
A case study will help you consolidate all the learning you gained from this course.
The course has been kept practical so that you can easily implement these principles in your work area. The course also provides the templates needed for improving a process. These include a template for the waste walk, a sample copy of the swim lane flow chart (as a part of the case study).
Who this course is for:
- Process Improvement Professionals
- Quality Managers
- Quality Professionals
- Management Professionals
ASQ ConnEx Expert, PMI-PMP, IRCA Registered Lead Auditor, ASQ - CSSBB, CQA, CQE, CMQ/OE, IIA - CIA, NAHQ - CPHQ
Sandeep Kumar has more than 35 years of Quality Management experience. He has worked as Quality Director on several projects, including Power, Oil and Gas and Infrastructure projects.
In addition, he provides coaching and consulting services to implement Lean Six Sigma to improve performance.
After the successful completion of ASQ vetting, Sandeep Kumar has been designated as a genuine and authorized ASQConnEx expert. ASQConnEx is an education delivery system and network that vets, designates, and connects quality subject matter experts with organizations to advance their excellence journey.
His areas of specialization include Quality Assurance, ISO 9001:2015, Lean, Six Sigma, Risk Management, QMS Audits, Supplier Quality Surveillance, Supplier Pre-qualification, Construction Quality, Mechanical Inspection and Quality Training.
His professional qualifications/certifications include:
• Authorized ASQ ConnEx Expert
• ASQ-CSSBB, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
• ASQ-CMQ/OE Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence
• PMI-PMP Certified Project Management Professional
• IRCA Registered Lead Auditor (QMS-2015)
• IIA-CIA Certified Internal Auditor
• NAHQ-CPHQ Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality
• ASQ-CSSGB, Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
• ASQ-CQA Certified Quality Auditor
• ASQ-CQE Certified Quality Engineer
• ASQ-CSQP Certified Supplier Quality Professional