Lean Leadership, Lean Culture & Lean Management
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 26 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- It is about leadership - you will know how to lead a change process in your organization.
- How to implement continuous improvement and lean culture (Toyota Production System) in your organization.
- You will design a system of natural work and management teams who engage in continuous improvement.
- The student completing this course will know the essential problem solving methods employed in continuous improvement and will be able to lead his or her team in continuous improvement.
- You will be able to eliminate waste and engage your team members in an on-going process of continuous improvement (kaizen).
- There is no knowledge required to take this course other than a very fundamental understanding of the manager's job.
This course now includes two complete ebooks, Getting to Lean and Team Kata, more than 670 pages of case studies, exercises, and illustrations.
Mastering lean leadership and lean culture is essential to your success as a manager and your company's success. There are two major principles of lean: Respect for People and Continuous Improvement. This course, based on years of field experience, shows you how to implement both principles in your organization. Lean is eliminating waste and the disciplined method of optimizing value to customers. It is creating a culture that brings out the best in all employees. If you do this... you will succeed as a leader in your organization!
The instructor has been engaged in implementing lean culture and leadership for more than forty years, working with companies like Honda, Toyota, Shell Oil Company, Corning, Merck and dozens of others. This course is based on his practical field tested knowledge of lean culture and leadership. The course introduces the history of lean, the essential principles and practices, and the important functions of the lean leader. It also presents the two critical paths to lean implementation: first, the redesign of processes, systems and structure to create the foundation that enables teams to engage in continuous improvement; second, it presents the essential habits of teams and team leaders engaged in problem-solving and continuous improvement.
Some comments from previous students:
"Amazing everything makes so much sense... I loved it, wasn't expecting it to be that powerful ... Thank-you for spreading your knowledge :)" Waleed Mousa
"Love how this guy communicates. Love the course so far!" Ren Cooper
"Excellent! Larry Miller is the teacher everyone would love to have. Knowledgeable, laid back, funny. Real anecdotes and experiences from Toyota and the companies that later embraced the Lean philosophy. If you wanna understand the right attitude of a leader this course is the right stop. If you wanna know the House of Lean and how to live it properly look no further. Plenty of additional material available, including two of his books I would buy again with NO hesitation. I will check asap also the other courses and resources from the same author because this was high quality content Well done Larry! greetings from Melbourne!" Antonino
"Great Professor, Great Course!" Fabiano Bonomini
"Very good course for any manager. This was my first course and I didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised but how much knowledge I did gain. I am a first time manager at my company. We had a zoo in here. People coming in late all the time, music blasting, very disorganized. By implementing items slowly it did turn things around and I know I have the respect of all the employees here. Larry is fun and has a lot of experience." Kevin Mohammed
"I really like the short and to the point lectures; the diagrams are great for the visual learners (me!) as well the sheet for identifying your clients, goals will be useful. This was round one as I find reviewing these programs more then once helps in establishing a game plan for my work place." Sherry Jackson
"I have had the pleasure of working with and learning from Larry Miller. This course was very informative and has given me some great ideas and tools to strengthen my coaching abilities." Jane McDonald
- Any manager, team leader, or anyone aspiring to improve the performance of his or her organization.