Leading Virtual Teams - A Quick Course
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will lead online or virtual meetings that engage and respect all team members.
- You will facilitate your team in a manner that leads to clear decisions and clear accountability.
- You will develop effective meeting agendas and action plans.
- Assure accountability and action following meetings which will reduce waste!
- The student should either be planning on participating in virtual meetings or have some prior experience with virtual meetings. It will be helpful if the student has already used one of the common meeting software platforms (GoToMeeting, Skype, etc.).
One of the great miracles of the twenty-first century is the declining importance of borders and distance. The internet has made knowledge universal and is enabling talent to be developed in every corner of the globe and country without prejudice. This means that any company can bring talent together in virtual teams to develop products and plans and accomplish shared goals regardless of their location. But, enabling these teams to work well together is a skill that every manager needs to develop to succeed in the new world of virtual collaboration.
Leading Virtual Teams is designed to build the skills of virtual collaboration and teamwork. It covers issues around the use of virtual meeting technology, including a comprehensive survey of meeting software, user advice and recommendations. But, the primary focus of this course is on the human side, the skills of facilitating and participating in virtual teams. While it is important for all team leaders and facilitators to develop good meeting facilitation skills, there are unique challenges when team members are not co-located.This course addresses those challenges and provides advice based on the available research and the instructor's many years of experience facilitating virtual meetings.
- Anyone who wants to help his or her team be more successful in achieving their goals.
- Leaders or facilitators of virtual teams (any team with remote members).
- Any member of a virtual team who would like to help his or her team be more successful.