Leading Effective 1-on-1 Meetings: Win loyalty and retention
What you'll learn
- Why 1-on-1 meetings are better than group meetings
- How to create effective 1-on-1s to guide career development
- Ways to conduct helpful performance reviews & formal meetings with your reports
- How to devote meeting time to projects & solve challenging problems with colleagues
- Using 1-on-1s to effectively meet with people in different departments
- What it takes to have a successful 1-on-1 meeting with your boss
- How to use 1-on-1 meetings to benefit your job and career
- Anyone can enroll in this course
You’ve heard it over and over again … meetings are a complete waste of time.
And with statistics like these, it’s hard to disagree:
73% of meeting attendants admit to doing unrelated work
39% of professionals (including executives) admit to falling asleep during a meeting
91% admit to daydreaming & 96% say they’ve missed meetings on purpose
Roughly 50% of time spent during meetings has been found to be entirely useless and unproductive
It’s no wonder meetings get a bad rap.
Without any plan or agenda, they end up being just another excuse for team members to hang out and talk on the company dollar.
But contrary to this growing perception, there’s still one type of meeting that’s commonly regarded as one of the most important functions within your business.
It’s why Google places them at the very top of their “best practices” list …
It’s why Andy Grove, former CEO of Intel, regards them as having a 10X return on investment ...
And whether you’re an employee, manager, colleague, or executive - using this type of meeting can help you boost results and overcome any challenge that comes your way.
So what type of meeting are we talking about?
As you’ve likely already guessed, we’re talking about 1-on-1 meetings … and for good reason.
Among many other benefits, 1-on-1 meetings have been shown to:
Improve productivity (yes, they actually do not take up more time)
Build team loyalty
Benefit everyone involved
So the question then becomes …
How exactly can you effectively use 1-on-1 meetings to strengthen communication and put you in a better position to accomplish your goals and objectives?
Well, that’s exactly what we’re going to cover in this course.
Why 1-on-1 meetings are better than group meetings
How to create effective 1-on-1s to guide career development
Ways to conduct helpful performance reviews & formal meetings with your reports
How to devote meeting time to projects & solve challenging problems with colleagues
Using 1-on-1s to effectively meet with people in different departments
What it takes to have a successful 1-on-1 meeting with your boss
How to use 1-on-1 meetings to benefit your job and career
By the end of this course, you'll know exactly how to structure and lead effective 1-on-1 meetings with anyone in your company - from the people you lead, to colleagues, and even your boss!
Let’s get to it.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in effectively using 1-on-1 meetings
- Employees who want more effective 1-on-1s with colleagues, managers, and bosses
- Managers who want to strengthen relationships with their team
- Team members who want better 1-on-1s with colleagues and project partners
- Bosses who want to improve 1-on-1 meetings with employees, managers, and executives
- Anyone interested in strengthening relationships within their company
Hi, we’re PracticalGrowth, an education studio based out of San Francisco, California. We make online courses dedicated to helping career-transitioners and intrapreneurs improve their skills & be more effective everyday. We focus on making high quality, actionable learning material that can be applied immediately after viewing each lecture.
Each of our courses tackles one aspect of being successful in today’s modern workplace. Whether you’re a manager at a startup or an entry level employee at a Fortune 500, you’ll find our lectures directly applicable to your success.
Each course can be completed easily in one sitting and includes activities, resources, and quizzes to further your understanding of the lecture material.
Join the over 40,000 students that have already taken our courses and see why we’ve received 600 5 star reviews in just 6 months. Lets start improving your career today.