What you'll learn
- Learners will understand the elements of change and how they apply
- Learners will discover their personal attitude regarding change
- Learners will focus on organizational and personal development
- Learners will be taught a leading change model called Double Loop Learning
- No prior experience needed. Be prepared to walk through change processes in your personal or professional life.
This course is a study of how we navigate changes in our lives both personally as well as in leading an organization. The impact that we will see is how we lead change from a perspective that informs how we are to understand change and where it leads us to grow!
- The ability to define change and recognize the need for change in our contexts.
- Reviewing commons barriers and defenses that we exhibit in going through the process of change.
- Reviewing Argyris and Schon's Organizational Change Model called Double-Loop Learning
- Understanding what it means to learn while we experience change.
- Recognizing the application of principles regarding how to institute and implement personal change habits.
Change Your Questions, Change Your Life Marilee Adams
Teaching Smart People to Learn Chris Argyris
Dr. Joseph Brasher is an expert in guiding people though change management principles. Having worked in both corporate as well as non-profit (church) settings in his life, he is able to bring a broad perspective regarding the context of change as well as the ability to simplify the principles according to the areas of need. From his guidance, participants will be asked to journal and write reflective statements that will help them to see the change process. Furthermore, as guidance is needed, participants may be drawn to need consulting services that can help them receive customized direction in their change management areas.
Dr. Joseph Brasher was raised in West Tennessee and has served on numerous boards and leadership roles within multiple areas of service. You will see his mix of humor and challenge are refreshing and require the participant to dig into their own personal reasons for recognizing the need to change, what may hinder change, and what actions are necessary to move forward in change.
Who this course is for:
- Personal change agents
- Organizational change agents
Dr. Joseph Brasher is a challenger, encourager, and leadership coach. Doctorate of Philosophy in Education and Organizational Leadership from Mid-America BTS; Masters of Divinity from Liberty University, and Degree in Economics and Finance from the University of Tennessee (Martin). Experience in both corporate and non-profit leadership models. Husband, father, pastor, and teacher with various educational institutions.