Leading Agile Teams with Jira Software Cloud
What you'll learn
- What is Jira, and how does it fit into the rest of the Atlassian product suite
- Jira's terminology and getting started with a Jira Software Cloud subscription
- How to navigate the interface and set up the software for first-time use
- Begin creating projects using Jira’s Scrum and Kanban project templates
- Understand processes for adding team members, configuring workflows, setting up and customizing Scrum and Kanban boards
- Start creating and managing a project backlog with epics, user stories, issues, tasks, and bugs
- Learn to estimate and prioritize issues
- Plan and execute a Scrum sprint and/or lead a Kanban team
- Use and customize reports to track progress
- Administer a Jira site for an organization
- Create shared settings to standardize project configurations for multiple projects and teams
- Basic understanding of agile principles and some previous Scrum or Kanban experience
- Access to a Jira Software subscription (or the ability to create a new Atlassian account)
Learn how to get started planning and tracking your agile projects with Jira Software — one of the most popular agile project management platforms. Our course will provide you with the foundation you need to configure this powerful set of tools and get your Scrum and Kanban projects up and running successfully. Additionally, you learn how to create, view, and update issues when in the role of a developer or Agile team member. Finally, if you find yourself in the role of your organization’s Jira site administrator, you will gain insights for provisioning user accounts, configuring global system settings, establishing shared project templates, and creating shared company-managed project settings.
What you’ll learn
What is Jira, and how does it fit into the rest of the Atlassian product suite?
Jira's terminology and getting started with a Jira Software Cloud subscription
Navigating the interface and setting up the software for first-time use
Creating projects using Jira’s Scrum and Kanban project templates
Adding team members, configuring workflows, setting up and customizing Scrum and Kanban boards
Creating and managing a project backlog with epics, user stories, issues, tasks, and bugs
Estimating and prioritizing issues
Planning and executing a Scrum sprint and/or leading a Kanban team
Using and customizing reports to track progress
Administering a Jira site for an organization
Creating shared settings to standardize project configurations for multiple projects and teams
Who this course is for:
- Program and project managers, Scrum Masters, and Kanban leaders -- anyone tasked with leading an agile team
- Anyone looking to get introduced to Atlassian products and learn about how they work
- Anyone looking to implement Jira within their organization
Jose Marcial Portilla has a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from Santa Clara University and years of experience as a professional instructor and trainer for Data Science, Machine Learning and Python Programming. He has publications and patents in various fields such as microfluidics, materials science, and data science. Over the course of his career he has developed a skill set in analyzing data and he hopes to use his experience in teaching and data science to help other people learn the power of programming, the ability to analyze data, and the skills needed to present the data in clear and beautiful visualizations. Currently he works as the Head of Data Science for Pierian Training and provides in-person data science and python programming training courses to employees working at top companies, including General Electric, Cigna, The New York Times, Credit Suisse, McKinsey and many more. Feel free to check out the website link to find out more information about training offerings.
Whether looking to prepare for a certification exam or to develop foundational project management skills, Project Management Academy (PMA) has helped 10K+ students each year over the last 10+ years learn critical project management skills to accelerate their careers, make a greater impact on their jobs, and improve their job prospects and earning potential.
PMA is a Premier member of Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Authorized Training Partner (ATP) program. PMI ATP status is awarded to only established, high-quality, financially-sound project management education providers who are aligned to PMI core values, have mature business practices and offer courses aligned to leading project management practices.
PMA offers an array of courses ranging from certification preparation such as intensive boot camps for PMI's PMP Exam®, our most popular live, instructor-led course, to skills-based courses that count towards Professional Development Units (PDUs) to help accelerate your skills and maintain your certifications.