Leadership: New Manager Training for Technical Professionals
What you'll learn
- Inspire and encourage your technical team to get the best out of them in an effective and meaningful manner by delegating tasks and developing performance plans to set achievable goals for personal and professional development.
- Become familiar with the responsibilities and challenges of being a manager, including how to lead and guide a team.
- Master the arts of successfully facilitating meetings, appraising performance, providing feedback and resolving conflicts within your team and organization.
- Demonstrate authority when needed, and learn how to make better decisions after assessing different possibilities.
- Lead by setting an example and become more confident and influential in the process.
- Deal with conflicting personalities and help others cooperate as a team.
- Communicate effectively with your colleagues and senior managers.
- Conduct SWOT and STEP analyses to both shape both the company culture and address challenges.
- No prerequisites for this course - A computer with Internet
Aside from adapting to a new role with increased responsibilities, new managers must learn to be leaders and explore how to communicate effectively with technical employees, fellow managers, and senior executives. Learn everything you need to know as a new manager to assist the technical professionals you manage in reaching and exceeding their goals, in this comprehensive course bundle.
Master Strategies for Effective Management of Technical Professionals
Lead by setting an example and become more confident and influential in the process.
Communicate effectively with your colleagues and senior managers.
Motivate your staff to encourage personal and professional development.
In this course you will learn that management isn't always so much about leading, as it is about pointing the way. It is your duty to point the way by instructing, giving feedback and sharing your experience with your staff. In this course, you will learn how to develop leadership skills to confidently coach a team of technical professionals. Keeping these dedicated employees motivated in high-tech business environments will help support their professional growth, as well as your company's strategic objectives.
At the end of this course, you will be able to confidently lead and guide a team of technical professionals through day-to-day operations, interpersonal challenges and crisis situations.
This course is a bundle of the following LearnSmart courses, and includes comprehensive information for the following topics:
Introduction to Management
Developing Leadership and Transitioning into Management
Leading and Communicating as a Manager
Successful Communication and Process Management Skills
Taking Control as a Manager
Making an Impact as a Manager
Managing Technical Professionals
Managing the Development of Technical Professionals
PMI, PMP, and CAMP are a registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Who this course is for:
- Technical professionals who have recently moved into management.
- Professionals looking to deepen their understanding of human resource and management responsibilities, and how to complete them effectively.
- Existing project managers wishing to get certified in recognition of their skills and experience, or others who wish to train to become accredited project managers.
LearnSmart has served the learning community with high-quality professional skills and IT certification training since 1997. In that time, the company has helped thousands earn career-related certifications from respected vendors, such as Project Management Institute (PMI)®, Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, Oracle, and. LearnSmart offers over 1,000 courses covering IT, project management, administrative, HR, and workplace safety topics. With a rapidly growing clientele of individuals and corporations, LearnSmart serves a broad range of Fortune 500 companies to universities, as well as government institutions and the armed forces.
LearnSmart is able to meet diverse career and learning needs through its extensive selection of training. LearnSmart uses industry experts to give learners the most up-to-date content in a video format as well as training resources including; reference tools, pretests, study guides and labs. For more information about how we can help pinpoint and solve your individual or multi-user training challenges.
PMI is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.