- 4 hours on-demand video
- 84 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Describe the most important characteristics of effective leadership
- Enhance your self-awareness through identifying values and practicing personal reflection
- Explain what promotes meaningful change in organizations
- Identify personal competencies that improve cross-cultural communication and relationships
- Develop new skills in communication, dialogue, collaborative learning, and team development in cross-cultural settings
- Expand your range of intelligences, such as emotional, cultural, and creative in service of leadership and teamwork
- Identify the steps for collaborating effectively with others
- Practice imaginal and systems thinking toward your future in leadership
- Describe a personal philosophy of leadership and identify effective leadership styles
- Design a specific action plan on how to practice your leadership philosophy in your work and life
- When you enroll in this course, you will need a computer or tablet to watch the videos. Moreover, please attain a notebook that will be your leadership learning journal.
- No prior leadership knowledge is needed to take this course. However, it is a graduate level course and it thus requires concentration.
Join people from Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia, and North America in learning how to practice leadership.
Provided by The Leadership Center at Saint Mary's College of California, based upon the pioneering Master of Arts (MA) in Leadership program, this course will enhance your capacity in leadership.
It will enable you to reach your own and others' potential to make a meaningful difference in your organization or community through engaged and concrete action. It will teach you how to develop yourself and your relationship with others. At the end of this course, you will be better able to practice 21st century leadership in your work and in your life.
”I have received more growth and development from this MA program than four years at Stanford."
Aaron Bright, Independent Screenwriter and former Saint Mary’s basketball guard
Learn to Practice Global Leadership through Concrete Action
- Boost your emotional and cultural intelligence
- Collaborate better with anyone
- Transform your ideas into meaningful action
- Innovate for social impact
- Coach others for learning
- Develop excellent communication skills
- Identify your strengths and values
- Navigate complexity through learning and experimentation
- Attain global competencies that transfer across cultures
- Become more creative and innovative
- Find your leadership style
What Is Leadership? Gain Leadership Skills for the 21st Century
Today's world is becoming more fast-paced, complex, and interconnected. To be effective, we cannot rely on old paradigms of top-down leadership styles. Moreover, in order to solve global issues such as poverty and climate change, we cannot rely on simplistic and technical responses.
In this course, you will learn leadership styles that are particularly needed in today's global and interdependent world from experienced professionals and educators at Saint Mary's College. What is unique about this course is that you do not only learn new ideas about leadership, but you also learn how to make a meaningful difference in ambiguous and complex situations through practical action. Furthermore, you learn how to do this with other people in collective and collaboratively creative ways.
Overview of Content
This course has 4 hours of content divided into 36 video lessons, most of which include concrete learning activities. This enables you to practice leadership while learning about it. Through the videos, the corresponding PowerPoint slides, articles, and activities, this course will teach you a whole new way of leadership for a global world.
In this course, we identify what leadership qualities are needed and how to develop them over 12 classes. These 12 classes are divided into three sections. The course should take 2-3 months to complete, depending on how much time you put into it on a daily basis.
Section 1 is called "Global Contexts for 21st Century Leadership". In this section, we elaborate more on the implications of today’s global and interdependent world in our life and leadership, what leadership qualities we need, and how to develop them.
In section 2, "Building Cross-cultural Competencies", we identify a range of leadership qualities that research has shown are essential for effective global leadership, and several opportunities to practice them.
Section 3 is "Leadership in Action". Here we help you transfer your knowledge into practical action. Moreover, we help you create a Leadership Development Plan that will enable you to practice leadership in an ongoing way.
- Typical students of this course include people who wish to develop themselves and their relationship with others, people who think there is a different way of doing things, people who are about to launch or change their careers, and people who wish to find effective leadership styles.