Leadership & Cultural Diversity (Accredited Oxford Diploma)
What you'll learn
- The importance of cultural diversity
- The importance of age diversity
- Working in a multi-generational office
- The Skeldon approach
- Dressing gown theory
- Artificial Intelligence and Generation Alpha
- How to motivate Baby Boomers AND Millennials
- Industrial Organisational Strategy
- Leadership in India
IMPORTANT: This course has an emphasis on discussion - the course is to a world-wide global class. We can all learn from one another. This long Diploma course is serious and workbooks and assignments are set. Leadership is not about watching videos alone but discussing, considering, suggesting and then making decisions. The Educational Announcements and the Q/A ensure that this course is always up to date.
"love detailed oriented people, and this instructor not only has a vision, he takes the best time to explain himself and his method"
Twenty new lectures added 25th May 2021
New lecture added 6th April 2020: Leadership Research. This lecture includes extensive homework.
WORKBOOK ADDED APRIL 2020: Leadership in India
WORKBOOK ADDED 29 July 2020: Industrial Organisational Strategy
This course is split into three sections:
Generations in workplace
8 things to know Millennials
The Skeldon approach
Dressing Gown theory
Managing Baby Boomers
Managing a multi-generational workplace
The emphasis throughout in giving practical examples and the setting of research topics. You - the students from 166 countries - know far more than I do about your own culture, your own skills and your own workplace environments. I bring to the course my academic and work-based background, (too many) years of experience and a willingness to listen.
Many many lectures about the generations - interspersed with clips from films which I had the privilege of acting in - and some exercises/questions for you to answer.
Dressing gown theory
So, some new(ish) and some old.
But all relevant.
Who this course is for:
- Those who will be in work in the future
- Those currently in management
- Those in work but not as managers
- Those who have now retired
- Those studying management and business at University
43+ years experience teaching Economics, Business, Sociology, Politics and other subjects in schools, universities and other colleges - State and Private Sector. Appeared in 100+ films (including corporate training and fitness videos). 100+ books on Amazon. Featured by the BBC, Polish TV, The Times, The Telegraph and...The Sun.
· University of Oxford (Philosophy and Economics)
· Oxford Brookes (Teacher training)
· University of Glamorgan (Business and Economics)
· Professional qualifications at Masters level
· Business and Economics degree
· Examiner for four major examining boards, at ‘O’ and ‘A’ level.
· Three teaching diplomas plus CELTA
· Qualified fitness trainer
Key academic positions held:
· Principal Oxford School of Learning
· Director of Studies: St Joseph’s Hall, Oxford
· Head of Economics: Cherwell Tutors
· Head of Business and Economics: Pipers Corner School, Buckingham
Founder: Almost Random Theatre
Business and Economics background
Set up and ran Oxford Conferences and ran 50+ Business/Economics conferences at schools - all fees to charity
Amazon Business/Economics books include:
· Case studies for Business
· Time management for teachers
· Creativity techniques in Economics
· Drucker in Business Studies
· Creativity in Business
· Business calculations
· Further applications of de Bono
· Applying de Bono
· Philosophy Games
Taught students at the University of Oxford , Brookes University and schools in the state and independent sector
Principal of Oxford School of Learning for 15 years
Created OSL Training and trained Business, Psychology and Sociology teachers
Set up Marketing Education Services in the 1980s and sold cassette tape recordings of my lectures at the University of Oxford
Featured in The Times, The Telegraph, the BBC, ITV and Polish national television owing to the success of my teaching techniques and subsequent success of my students.
Ex-Buyer for a major car company
Psychology and Motivation background
Author of 100+ books on Amazon (mainly Business/Economics/Psychology) including:
· GCSE Psychology thru Mind Maps
· AS/A2 Psychology
· AS Psychology thru Mind Maps
· A2 Psychology thru Mind Maps
· Lifestyle Plan
· The Internet and Psychology
Through his own business OSL Training has run training courses for teachers of Psychology
Writer of several plays about death and appeared in films dealing with death
Theatre and Film Career
· 2012 - set up Almost Random Theatre.
· Since 2012 the theatre has delivered workshops in Scotland, Wales, Czech Republic and Poland as well as 15 schools in England.
· Chris has written/directed over 50 short and 3 one-Act plays that have subsequently been performed in London and Oxford.
· Scripts for three of his plays have been sold, via an Independent publisher, to schools in the UK.
· Course-creator/author of Coping with Old Age and Death - one person's perspective.
· He has also had plays put on - and performed in - Oxford and Brighton Fringes, London, Scotland and Wales.
· Chris has appeared in over 112 films.
· Ambassador for Heart UK
· Stoke Lead and member of Research panel for the Stroke Association
· Board member of Stroke Club UK
· Ambassador for Different Strokes (charity)
· Member of PHC (Public Health Collaboration) UK
· Author of 6-volume Lifestyle Manual
· Author of other Lifestyle books on Amazon
· Originator of the Holman Protocol
Nothing in any of Chris's courses should be interpreted as linking to or representing any of the above stroke organisations.