Leadership and Change
What you'll learn
- An overview of the different challenges you're likely to encounter during change.
- Behaviors to look out for in both your team and yourself that will block your change efforts.
- Communication strategies to ensure your team members stay on the change path with you.
- Tips to remain creative and working to your full potential during times of change.
- There are no course requirements: just set some time aside to implement the learning.
If you want to make a difference, you have to adapt to the ever-changing world of work.
But people don't like to change.
So, how can you move your team through a transition, when fear of the unknown, resistance and all kind of emotions kick in?
By preparing for those reactions; by trying to understand resistance instead of trying to break it down; by coaching your team and looking after yourself.
This course guides you through some simple principles sprinkled with a bit of management theory to help you prepare a change plan that will move your team through change.
It's not just the change period that's important, but making sure the results are sustained in the long-term.
Each section consists of one short video lecture, perfect for watching over a cup of coffee. You can then use the supportive materials to go over the material as you create your action plan.
The sections include:
- A video presentation with action points, theory and moments of reflection to apply the learning to your particular situation.
- A PDF document with the slides from the presentation.
- A PDF transcript of the script.
- The audio version of the lecture, in case you want to listen to it again in your MP3 player.
Who this course is for:
- Managers or team leaders
- Aspiring managers
- Team or group members who want to make a difference
Pilar helps virtual teams through her site Virtual, not Distant. She and her guests discuss the world of work and best practice in remote working in the 21st Century Work Life podcast.
Pilar's professional experience is diverse: she's worked as a TV producer, corporate trainer, led an ensemble-led theatre company and is a qualified teacher.