Leader as coach
What you'll learn
- Know how to coach as a manager or leader
- Know what is and what it is not
- Develop a coaching mindset as a leader
- Know how to set up a coaching agreement and engagement
- Know when to coach and when not to coach
- Understand the learning journey to development
- Know how to listen actively, reflectively and empathetically
- Know how to create psychological safety as a coach
- Learn how to ask powerful questions
- Know how to help your coachee formulate goals
- Know how to follow up and keep accountability on progress
To be successful in the fast-paced, ever evolving business world of the 21st century, upskilling the workforce and cultivating a dynamic learning culture is a must for sustainability and organisational success. To attract, grow and retain the best talent in the market, leaders need to be committed to providing opportunities for continuous ongoing development and professional growth. Coaching is a ‘power’ skill that ALL leaders need to acquire in order to inspire and develop employees through personalised in-role support and learning.
Coaching fosters and promotes:
a self-directed approach to learning and development
a growth mindset
critical and analytical thinking
ownership and accountability
engagement and empowerment
self-confidence and belief
The aim of this program is to provide you with a high-level overview of the fundamental knowledge, skills and techniques to coach individuals and teams. The program offers a concise and succinct explanation of the theory of coaching and shows you how to use coaching conversations as a leader to inspire and develop others.
The program is broken down into bitesize practical learning chucks which include mini lectures, activities, quizzes and reflection exercises. To get the most out of the program it's essential that you put the key learning points into practice.
The program is designed and delivered by Paul Marks who is an accredited Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the international Coach Federation (ICF) Paul has executive coached and facilitated leadership and team development programs to leaders and teams from more than 55 countries.
Who this course is for:
- Managers or leaders that want to learn how to coach individuals or teams
- Anyone who would like to learn how to coach others,
- Anyone who is interested in becoming a professional coach
Paul is the Managing Director and lead facilitator of ChangeWorks – a company that helps leaders and teams upskill for the future. A keen entrepreneur and ultra-runner, with over 25 years in international business and leadership, Paul has facilitated leadership and team development programs for thousands of professionals, across 55 countries.
Making the connection between neuroscience, leadership and team performance, he endeavours to equip professionals with the knowledge and skills to thrive in age of exponential change and disruption.
Paul is known for delivering engaging and highly interactive programmes with a positive energy. He is also a PCC-accredited Executive Coach with experience coaching high-level business leaders in several countries, and is involved in training up new coaches.
He has many professional qualifications to his name, including one from the Executive Leadership Program with Oxford University. Paul is currently studying for a Master’s degree in Applied Neuroscience from Kings College London.