Social Media Monitoring and Privacy Law
What you'll learn
- Use social media to screen job applicants without making discriminatory hiring decisions
- Monitor what employees and coworkers say on social media without violating privacy law
- Lawfully access social media and personal email accounts with violating privacy rights
- Track an employee's smartphones, tablet and computer use without violating privacy law
- No prior knowledge of the legal aspects of social media monitoring is required.
Just because you CAN monitor conversations on social media, doesn’t make it lawful.
If you monitor social media, this course could save you hundreds of thousands of dollars on attorney’s fee and damages.
Respect personal privacy rights when you monitor social media conversations and collect meta data.
Learn your right to monitor the use of any computers, smartphones and networks you own or sponsor, what the Electronic Communications Privacy Act requires, how the Fair Credit Reporting Act impacts job applicant screening and how to override social media password protection laws and gain access to personal social media and email accounts.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who conducts social media monitoring for work.
I help clients convert mindshare into market share through owned, shared, earned and paid media.
• Freelance journalism
• White papers
• Guest editorials
• Primary research
• Commerce content
• Media relations
• Affiliate marketing
• Native advertising
• Local advertising
• Data visualization
• Content optimization
• Article briefs
• Editorial calendars
• Content operations
• Product landing pages
I led the center for digital innovation at Howard Industries, a $1B B2B, launched 2 SaaS start-ups and did integrated marketing for entertainment, media and tech clients at one the world's largest PR Agencies.
I’m a best-selling author of Social Marketing to the Business Customer. Some of the organizations I've advised are Boeing, Cirque du Soleil, City National Bank, Hard Rock Casinos, Johnson & Johnson, Korn Ferry, Lucasfilm, US Dept. of Defense, US Dept. of State, Inter American Development Bank.
My complete library of self-paced, online digital marketing, compliance and security training courses have been taken by nearly a quarter million people worldwide on Udemy and at my own website.
Google "social media training" to find my additional courses.