The complete course on the Indian Contract Act, 1872
What you'll learn
- Students will learn general principles of law of contracts quickly and in a simplified way
- Common Sense, Legal Aptitude
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel - Legal Ontologies
This course explains the law of contract (as under the Indian Contract Act, 1872) in a very simple and quick way. Students spend a whole year completing the course and struggle with understanding the law. Here you will be learning about contract law very quickly. My course is definitely going to help you in your law examination or entrance tests.
This course covers the entire Indian Contract Act, 1872 explained in a simple and logical way. The course covers the following topics:
1. Basics of Contract - (Essential elements of a contract such as Offer, Acceptance, Consideration, Free Consent, Capacity of Parties, Possibility, Legality etc.)
2. Rules for Valid Offer
3. Rules for Valid Acceptance
4. Consideration (along with exceptions)
5. Capacity of Parties (Age, Sound Mind, Disqualification)
6. Consent of Parties (Coercion, Undue Influence, Fraud, Misrepresentation and Mistake)
7. Discharge of Contract (When a party is relieved from the obligations under the contract)
8. Contingent Contract (Contracts based upon some condition)
9. Expressly declared void agreement (Agreement in restraint of marriage, Agreement in restraint of trade, Agreement in restraint of legal proceedings)
9. Performance of Contract
10. Quasi Contract (Section 68 to Section 72)
11. Remedies for Breach of Contract (Damages, Specific performance etc.)
12. Indemnity and Guarantee
13. Bailment and Pledge
This course covers 7 hours of content designed for law students.
Who this course is for:
- Law students in India, anyone who is interested in learning about contract law in India
I have over 10 years of experience into diversified corporate legal roles. By qualification I am a graduate in commerce and law, post graduate in International Trade Law, and Company Secretary. I have studied variety of subjects during my academic years such as Law, Business, Management, Accounting, Finance, Commercial Contracts, International Trade, Securities laws etc.
On Udemy, I am making an effort to help students across the world by sharing my knowledge with them.