Get Hired: Launch your Stand-Out Resume & LinkedIn Profile
- Editable workbooks are available to download (google documents)
Join over 6500 students who have enrolled in Kara's courses to learn HR Insider Tips on finding work in the Now Economy!
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Your resume is your opportunity to showcase your BEST stuff to recruiters and hiring mangers and your LinkedIn profile focuses on your BEST highlights from your resume. Yet, most resumes have one of these issues: 1) Poor formatting 2) Lacking accomplishments 3) Reads like a job description. And, most LinkedIn profiles include too much or too little information to showcase your BEST work.
Learn insider tips from HR expert Kara Smith - on how to REALLY stand out in the job market with your resume and LinkedIn profile ...
30 minute video lessons - streamlined content for what you REALLY need to know
Workbook & Tips
Project assignments to launch a ready resume and LinkedIn profile in 7 days
+Over 1 hour of Bonus Video HR insider tips for the over achieving student!
A Few Testimonials:
"Kara's advice to look at what we've already done, and identify when and where and by what that spark of interest and energy ignited, and to build on that recognition instead of focusing forward into that fog--well, for me it's a whole new way of thinking." Wendy
"Working with Kara was an absolute pleasure. Her attitude is fun while maintaining a high level of professionalism. Not only did I come away with an A+ resume, I gained a massive amount of confidence on how to present myself to future employers. I can honestly say my resume now communicates the nearly decades worth of work I have accomplished throughout my career in a concise document that expresses my true talents!" Mike B
Giving Back & Paying it Forward:
A portion of the proceeds from this course will be donated quarterly to the non-profit: The Cara Program, based in Chicago, Illinois. The Cara Program has evolved as not only a best-in-class job training and placement provider for individuals affected by homelessness and poverty, but also a vehicle for true life transformation.
Who this course is for:
- Launch your stand-out resume and LinkedIn profile is best for anyone who wants to apply best practices and improve their resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Updating a resume can feel overwhelming, and this course walks you through simple steps to make small changes that will make a big difference.
- 00:17Download Workbooks
- 00:23Giving Back & Paying It Forward: The Cara Program - Chicago, Illinois
- 02:20DISCOVER SELF - INTRO
- 04:265.0 Showcase Your BEST YOU - How do I stand out?
- 13:375.1 Workbook: Launch Your BEST Resume
- 00:45Research Assignment: Key Language and Wording
- 00:10Project Assignment: Prime Time Resume Complete
- 13:265.2 Workbook: Boost Your LinkedIn Profile
- 00:29Project Assignment: Final LinkedIn Profile Ready
- 02:29The Art of the Job Search: Full Curriculum Overview
- 02:19Bonus Video: 1.0 Reflect Your True Self
- 04:59Bonus Video: 1.1 Understand Natural Preferences
- 04:45Bonus Video: 1.2 Document Observations of YOU
- 06:32Bonus Video: 1.3 Envision your future
- 06:03Bonus Video: 2.0 Understand Work Flow
- 02:39Bonus Video: 2.1 Highlight top accomplishments/experiences
- 06:34Bonus Video: 2.2 Reflect on flow experiences
- 03:15Bonus Video: 2.3 Analyze work environment
- 02:46Bonus Video: 3.0 Design Ideal Work Lanes
- 03:04Bonus Video: 3.1 Describe Ideal Type of Work
- 03:15Bonus Video: 3.2 Create Ideal Work Environment Filter
- 02:28Bonus Video: 3.3 Design Work Lanes
- 08:07Bonus Video: 4.0 Conquer Roadblocks
- 12:33Bonus Video: 4.1 Identify and Conquer Roadblocks
- 03:48Bonus Video: 4.2 Fear Setting
Kara Smith is a talent development / HR leader and is the founder of the Soul of Work project: Soul of Work dot org (a think tank and not for profit learning lab).
As an HR leader, Kara has learned from experts the insider scoop on hiring and recruiting at all levels in the corporate world. As a talent development leader, Kara works with senior executives and leadership teams to deliver innovative and practical talent solutions. Kara completed a Masters in Human Resources from Michigan State University, completed a B.S. in Sociology and Music Performance from University of Wisconsin @ Madison, and has corporate leadership experience in human resources, recruiting, and leadership development with Fortune 500 companies including General Mills, Whirlpool, and Deloitte.
Kara is a working mother who believes we do our BEST work when we align work with our life. There are challenges we face when we feel stuck at work and when we feel work doesn't align with our life (and soul), directly impacts our stress, health, and well-being. Whether we want to land a new project, promotion, new job, or find more flexibility, we feel stifled on what to do next. The mission & intention of the Soul of Work project is to bring best practices, tools, and practical insights from thought leaders to help professionals get hired, build more sustainable economic fulfillment in both work & life, and do their best work. As part of this mission, the Soul of Work project is dedicated to donate a portion of proceeds quarterly to organizations who offer training and job placement services to individuals affected by homelessness and poverty.
Kara is a working mother with an incredible husband and two funny kids. She loves running and yoga, is a believer in daily meditation, and enjoys watching Seinfeld re-runs, VEEP, and any other comedy satire shows.