Launch Your Author Brand and Platform
- 10 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 21 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- In this 10-step book marketing system you will learn exactly how to plan, create, and launch your successful author brand and platform even before your first book comes out.
- Each module includes rookie mistakes to avoid, myth busters, and how to go the extra mile in building your author brand and platform.
- PLUS 15+ bonuses on topics like: book club visits, social media, public speaking, audio book production, publicity, book launches and more.
- PLUS a Meet the Experts section to learn from the Masters -- experts in the publishing industry!
- Students don't need any special materials or experience creating their author brand or platform. This course will recommend resources to use for no-cost or low-cost to build your author brand and platform. The course will also cover everything you need to get started - from coming up with your author persona and creating your author website to banding with other authors and building a social media following. Students who are dedicated beginners with a commitment to taking action to create their author brand and platform will benefit most from this course.
What’s included in Launch Your Author Brand & Platform
✓ 10 Step-By-Step Lessons
✓ 15+ Awesome Bonuses
✓ 7 “Bigger Than a Bonus” Meet the Experts (insider secrets to success from the Masters -- other authors!) training on goodies like do’s and don’ts for new authors, agent advice, book club visits, and public speaking
✓ Each lesson includes Rookie Mistakes to Avoid, Myth Busters, and How to Go the Extra Mile!
FULL COURSE INFO:
1. PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE IN YOUR WRITING COMMUNITY
Organizations to join
How to best engage
In-person and online connections
2. FIGURE OUT YOUR AUTHOR PERSONA
Soul-Searching: Who am I?
Discover keywords, phrases that best fit you
Find like-minded people
Share your story to connect with readers!
3. YOUR WEBSITE
What you need to get started
What content to include for best engagement
Best website practices
How to avoid overwhelm & get the darn thing done
4. SOCIAL MEDIA ZONE
Where and when to post
How to find best-fit followers
What to post for highest engagement
How to optimize your social media platforms
5. YOUR BLOG
Name and platform
What to blog about
How to build readership
Band with other bloggers
6. BUILD A SUBSCRIBER LIST
Why you (absolutely!) need an email list
Newsletter vs. blogging
What platform to use
How to build it
Content to include
7. BAND WITH AUTHORS
How to conduct research
How to connect online and in-person
How to find other debut authors
Best practices to engage
8. CONNECT WITH READERS
How to conduct research
Create a profile of your reader
Where to find your readers
Look to your book’s themes for answers
How book bloggers are your friend
9. POSITION YOURSELF AS AN EXPERT!
How to write for others with guest posts
Where to find ideal blogs
Presenting at in-person events
How to start small with public speaking
How to prepare to present with confidence
10. NOW WHAT?
Grow your reviews
Expand your social media
New markets for your book
How to continue a focus on community building
Book Launch Countdown
How to Best Run Book Ads
Making a Book Trailer 101
Launch a Book Trailer/Cover Reveal
The Awesome Resources Guide
The Awesome Course Planner
Prepare for Public Speaking
Writer Organizations by Genre and Region
How to Write a Press Release
How to Write a Review Request
How to Write a Blurb Request
How to Write a Guest Post Pitch
Social Media Bonuses:
Instagram for Authors
Meet the Experts: Guides
Literary Agent Q&A
Do’s and Don’ts for New Authors
Kick-Butt Debut Authors
Meet the Experts: Videos
Audiobook Production 101
Book Club Visits 101
Public Speaking 101
- This is a course that contains actionable advice to create a successful foundation of your author brand and platform and learn book marketing. This course is right for you if:
- You have your first book coming out, or planning to publish, and no idea how to even start building your author platform.
- Your first book is published, and you’ve been asking yourself that question: "How the heck do I reach readers and sell more books?"
- You’re feeling overwhelmed because all this author marketing seems like a giant mountain of tasks to tackle!
- You feel all alone with no writer community and wish you knew how to connect with people who can help your author career.
- You are a committed beginner starting from scratch and are ready to create a successful author platform based on community building and not waste years and money trying to figure it out on your own.