Launch Your Author Brand and Platform
What you'll learn
- In this 10-step book marketing system you will learn exactly how to plan, create, and launch your successful author brand and platform even before your first book comes out.
- Each module includes rookie mistakes to avoid, myth busters, and how to go the extra mile in building your author brand and platform.
- PLUS 15+ bonuses on topics like: book club visits, social media, public speaking, audio book production, publicity, book launches and more.
- PLUS a Meet the Experts section to learn from the Masters -- experts in the publishing industry!
- Students don't need any special materials or experience creating their author brand or platform. This course will recommend resources to use for no-cost or low-cost to build your author brand and platform. The course will also cover everything you need to get started - from coming up with your author persona and creating your author website to banding with other authors and building a social media following. Students who are dedicated beginners with a commitment to taking action to create their author brand and platform will benefit most from this course.
What’s included in Launch Your Author Brand & Platform
✓ 10 Step-By-Step Lessons
✓ 15+ Awesome Bonuses
✓ 7 “Bigger Than a Bonus” Meet the Experts (insider secrets to success from the Masters -- other authors!) training on goodies like do’s and don’ts for new authors, agent advice, book club visits, and public speaking
✓ Each lesson includes Rookie Mistakes to Avoid, Myth Busters, and How to Go the Extra Mile!
FULL COURSE INFO:
1. PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE IN YOUR WRITING COMMUNITY
Organizations to join
How to best engage
In-person and online connections
2. FIGURE OUT YOUR AUTHOR PERSONA
Soul-Searching: Who am I?
Discover keywords, phrases that best fit you
Find like-minded people
Share your story to connect with readers!
3. YOUR WEBSITE
What you need to get started
What content to include for best engagement
Best website practices
How to avoid overwhelm & get the darn thing done
4. SOCIAL MEDIA ZONE
Where and when to post
How to find best-fit followers
What to post for highest engagement
How to optimize your social media platforms
5. YOUR BLOG
Name and platform
What to blog about
How to build readership
Band with other bloggers
6. BUILD A SUBSCRIBER LIST
Why you (absolutely!) need an email list
Newsletter vs. blogging
What platform to use
How to build it
Content to include
7. BAND WITH AUTHORS
How to conduct research
How to connect online and in-person
How to find other debut authors
Best practices to engage
8. CONNECT WITH READERS
How to conduct research
Create a profile of your reader
Where to find your readers
Look to your book’s themes for answers
How book bloggers are your friend
9. POSITION YOURSELF AS AN EXPERT!
How to write for others with guest posts
Where to find ideal blogs
Presenting at in-person events
How to start small with public speaking
How to prepare to present with confidence
10. NOW WHAT?
Grow your reviews
Expand your social media
New markets for your book
How to continue a focus on community building
Book Launch Countdown
How to Best Run Book Ads
Making a Book Trailer 101
Launch a Book Trailer/Cover Reveal
The Awesome Resources Guide
The Awesome Course Planner
Prepare for Public Speaking
Writer Organizations by Genre and Region
How to Write a Press Release
How to Write a Review Request
How to Write a Blurb Request
How to Write a Guest Post Pitch
Social Media Bonuses:
Instagram for Authors
Meet the Experts: Guides
Literary Agent Q&A
Do’s and Don’ts for New Authors
Kick-Butt Debut Authors
Meet the Experts: Videos
Audiobook Production 101
Book Club Visits 101
Public Speaking 101
Who this course is for:
- This is a course that contains actionable advice to create a successful foundation of your author brand and platform and learn book marketing. This course is right for you if:
- You have your first book coming out, or planning to publish, and no idea how to even start building your author platform.
- Your first book is published, and you’ve been asking yourself that question: "How the heck do I reach readers and sell more books?"
- You’re feeling overwhelmed because all this author marketing seems like a giant mountain of tasks to tackle!
- You feel all alone with no writer community and wish you knew how to connect with people who can help your author career.
- You are a committed beginner starting from scratch and are ready to create a successful author platform based on community building and not waste years and money trying to figure it out on your own.
My passion is inspiring and motivating writers to follow their own unique path. I love to help writers elevate themselves in their writing craft, embrace promotion, boost confidence, and learn how to set themselves up for lifelong author success.
I've taught hundreds of writers since 2013 at conferences, workshops, retreats, seminars, and school visits about writing craft and marketing -- and now reaching even more students with online courses.
What would you like to learn?
How to improve your writing techniques?
How to build your author platform?
How to market your books?
How to build a community of industry influencers?
If you want to do any of these things, just enroll in my courses. You have a 30-day money back guarantee if you don't like it.
I want to show you how to be a better writer, be a better promoter, be a better networker, and live the writing and publishing life you dreamed of.
Check out my courses and enroll today!
Donna's Full Bio:
I’m the author of the middle grade adventure Joshua and The Lightning Road, which the Midwest Book Review called, “A heart-pounding thrill ride full of unexpected twists and turns from start to finish”. I’m also the author of the follow up, Joshua and the Arrow Realm, and the bestselling paranormal suspense Element Trilogy for adults. In addition, I write the popular Unicorn Island series and regularly present as a guest author at schools.
I love teaching at writing conferences on marketing and craft, am the creator of several online courses for writers at Udemy, and a member of the blog, From the Mixed-Up Files of Middle Grade Authors. When I’m not writing you can find me on Twitter or Facebook where I love to share all things about outdoor adventures and children’s books. I’ve lived from England as a child, to Hawaii as a U.S. Navy photographer, and have had a long career in corporate marketing.
Praise for Author, Teacher, and Speaker Donna Galanti
Kate Brandes Author of The Promise of Pierson Orchard
"Donna shared strategies with me that not only helped lead to the publication of my first novel, but also helped me secure my dream agent. I have followed her expert advice on positioning myself and my first novel during the all-important marketing period before and after publication.”
Kathryn Craft Author of The Far End of Happy and owner of Writing-Partner
"Donna Galanti sets learners at ease with her accessible demeanor, confident knowledge, and well-organized presentations. In her marketing lecture, she helped daunted introverts accept that social media and publishing go hand-in-hand for today’s writer, and that ideally, platform building, like writing, deserves years of pre-publication devotion. For beginners starting out or authors catching up, her clear, step-by-step suggestions untangle what can seem like an overwhelming jumble of marketing tasks."
Christa Tinari National speaker and author of Create a Culture of Kindness in Middle School
"Thank you for sharing so much information to help newer authors like myself. You’ve got so many insights that are invaluable to writers and hopeful authors-to-be. It was a joy to benefit from your passion for helping other authors be successful. To writers: don’t miss Donna’s class!"