LaTeX For Everyone and Everything
What you'll learn
- Understand the proper way of installing LaTeX to minimise long term hassle (including Overleaf)
- Learn the basics of creating a document
- Learn citations and referencing within documents
- Understand the minimal effort method of including maths, graphics, tables and code in your documents
- Create figures using LaTeX
- Receive tips to make your documents stand out
- Automate typical tasks in LaTeX to save you even more time
- Stunning SUPPORT. I answer questions on the same day.
- Basic usage of a Windows PC or a Mac
- Ability to install software (tutorial for LaTeX included)
Learn LaTeX from scratch in an easy-to-follow but highly effective way. Get up to the level of professional document writeup, presentation creation and even generating graphics and figures in LaTeX.
What will I learn?
Basics of creating a document
Citations and references
Mathematics and algorithm
TikZ (Drawing figures in LaTeX)
Presentations in LaTeX (which don't look like every other LaTeX presentation ever!)
Tips to make your documents stand out
About the instructor:
Teacher and researcher by profession
PhD in Security and a PostDoc from Max Planck Institute for Software Systems, Germany
Designer and photographer by hobby
(Have an eye for design)
People who want to impress others with their professional looking documents (without spending ages on them)
Researchers and educators
Grad and undergrad students
*** UPDATES ***
Added video on creating beautiful gantt charts using LaTeX.
12/2020: Added a video on author-year style citations.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to create professional looking documents
- Anyone who wants to get started with LaTeX
- Anyone who has heard of LaTeX but didn't know how to start
- Those who have a little experience with LaTeX but seem to struggle with it
- Anyone who wants to learn how to create beautiful figures using just LaTeX
- Researchers and educators
Great hands-on courses for beginners
All my courses are 100% hands-on with practical examples and demos. No lengthy theoretical discussions about boring topics. We dive into the practical and only see theory if needed (and only the minimum amount).
Learn by doing
Step-by-step tutorials and problem-based learning.
Get excellent support
One-on-one support by me ... All questions answered within 24 hours. I really want you to succeed!
More about me
I have a PhD in Computer Sciences and a PostDoc from the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems. I have been programming since early 2000 and have worked with many different languages, tools and platforms. I have an extensive research experience with many state-of-the-art models to my name. My research in Android security has led to some major shifts in the Android permission model.
I love teaching and the most important reason I upload on Udemy is to make sure people can find my content. If you have any problem with finances and you want to take my courses, please visit my site (link on the left). I am more than willing to give out coupons that will make the course more affordable for you.
You can see all the different areas I've worked with on my site as well as on my github page.