Master Laravel 8 for Beginners & Intermediate
What you'll learn
- Eloquent - ORM for interacting with the database
- Advanced features like Queues, Polymorphic relationships, Service Container
- Learn all the theory while building a real application as you progress!
- Setting up PHP with Apache on Windows and Mac
- How to use Visual Studio Code effectively
- Creating APIs, serializing data, API resources and API testing
- Routes and Controllers
- Laravel Tinker - command line playground to Laravel
- Blade templates
- Blade componenets
- Creating Forms, CSRF tokens
- One to One, One to Many, Many to Many relationships
- Polymorphic relationships
- Local and Global Eloquent Query Scopes
- Database migrations
- Database seeding and factories
- Authentication (Guard)
- Authorization (Policies and Gates)
- How to use queues
- Files and file uploads
- How to send e-mails
- Observers, Events, Listeners and Subscribers
- Services, Service Container, Contracts and Facades
- Using Traits in Laravel - SoftDeletes and creating your own!
- Basic PHP and Object Oriented Programming understanding
Learn Laravel with this brand new course covering Laravel from A-Z for beginners!
Laravel is the most popular choice among PHP developers these days. It's easiest to start with, most fun to use and a very performant ecosystem of tools, that just lets you get the job done.
Laravel can change the way you look at PHP in general. With PHP 8 ahead, it's a completely different language than it used to be.
Laravel is like Ruby on Rails in the PHP world. Or even better. It's expressive, fun, fluent, easy to learn, easy to use. Beginners and professionals alike just love it! You have the chance to join this group of happy people, having fun while building things and getting paid to do so :)
This course is the only resource you will ever need (apart from my other courses) to learn everything about Laravel. How to set it up, how to get started, and then, how to achieve all the powerful things modern web development has to offer!
Let's have a break with me talking and see what my current students have to say about my courses (those are real reviews of my courses publicly visible here on Udemy!):
"Amazing course! In-depth explanations, perfect talking pace, talk slow and is direct to the point. I had no previous knowledge in Symfony before starting, and this course gave me the confidence to start developing real-world apps using Symfony. You will learn a lot of the Symfony framework, and some other cool techniques like Ajax Calls, Testing, Server configuration and Continous Deployment of your code."
"This is a Fantastic Course for Symfony exceeds expectations !!
Piotr is an experienced, knowledgeable, and serious developer.
This course not only helped me to learn the inner workings of Symfony but also improve my OO PHP syntax, improve on git, get a better understanding of development stages, introduced me to cloud deployment ... even CI/CD.
From where I stand as a beginner, is a mini MVC developer course.
Couldn't recommend it enough.
You will certainly learn.
"Did the instructor write Symfony? He is very very knowledgeable."
"This guy is by far the best instructor I've ever come across. I took his other Symfony 4 course and advanced my understanding of the Framework more in a week than I have in the past year.
This course has filled a ton of gaps. He understands the complex learning curve and it's the relationship to the content he covers thoroughly... a rarity in teaching, never mind coding complex Frameworks.
Just stick with the course.. you'll have that "Aha!" moment.
I'm working on my own Symfony 4 Framework based project(s) as I take this course... between Piotr, Github, and Google... it's getting done!
Two of the most effective courses I've ever taken. I can't wait for what he puts out next."
If you don't want to waste your time, this 30+ hours course would be the most productive week you will have in your life. I'm sure you will feel very comfortable with Laravel after that time.
If you're on a tight schedule, no worries. These 30 hours are here waiting for you forever. You can watch as many as you wish and whenever you wish. The first section will cover all Laravel basics that will get you started in around 3-4 hours. If you are ready for more, go back and watch the rest.
Who this course is for:
- Any Novice PHP developer without previous framework exposure
I was always interested in how things work, and now I enjoy making complicated things easy for other people.
During my professional career, I've worked as a Web Developer, working with all kinds of backend and frontend technologies (you name it).
In what order should you watch my courses for the best experience?
1) Vue 3 incl. Router, VueX, Composition API & Firebase - comprehensive Vue course for beginners! Make sure to take this class if you need strong Vue skills before you apply for a job, or build your own project.
1) Learn PHP Symfony 4 Hands-On Creating Real World Application - this covers the basics of the Symfony framework.
2) PHP Symfony 4 API Platform + React.js Full Stack Masterclass - creating APIs is the next step, but knowing the framework beforehand even a little bit would help a lot.
1) Master Laravel PHP for Beginners and Intermediate - start here if you're a beginner! This is comprehensive beginner-friendly and aimed at beginners.
2/3) Master Laravel with Vue.js Fullstack Development - next step with your Laravel learning - introducing Vue.js, creating APIs and SPAs - already knowing a little bit of Laravel would be very helpful.
2/3) Master Laravel with GraphQL, Vue.js, and Tailwind - learn GraphQL - an alternative to REST APIs, Tailwind CSS, and continue working with Vue. Includes a full crash course of Vue.js - so if you're blue, you'll be fine.