Laravel 5.1 for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Set up an Environment appropriate for Laravel production
- Understand basic workflow
- Understand the file structure
- Understand the syntax
- Have skills needed to keep improving their skillset
- Basic PHP syntax
- Basic Object Oriented Programming concepts knowledge
- How the internet works as far as requests and responses
This course will be a project based course that will have a final product, a website, while each lecture touches on a new feature of the Laravel technology. We will build a basic blog website where you will learn how routing works, how database is integrated, forms, authentication, security and much more. All you need is a computer with an internet connection, at least to download the proper files at the beginning. You will get the most out of the course by reading the Laravel documentation, which goes into more details then I can go through in a video lecture due to time constraint. But I will cover the most important things. You will also benefit by taking the information I teach and try to apply it to your own custom website. Start small and if structured correctly, you will be able to keep adding more to your application easily. This is called scalability.
Who this course is for:
- Students with a basic understanding of webdevelopment and PHP who want to learn the hottest PHP framework right now
Senior Computer Science major at VCU. I learned Java and other computer concepts/languages as well as math in an addictive manner. I have created many programs and help fellow students constantly. I have a great understanding of Java programming and if I dont know the answer/solution off the top of my head, I know how to find it and grasp it.