Classroom Teaching Methods:
What you'll learn
- What teaching methods to implement in their settings (specifically ESL/TEFL, but can be used for most languages)
- Language teaching methods to use to in the classroom (principles, aims, background, lesson plan ideas, techniques, activities, advantages and disadvantages).
- In total 9 teaching methods, Project-based learning and about implementing technology in the class
- Brief insight to teachers' educational objectives and learning theories
- Knowledge of teaching would be beneficial but this course explains all the foreign language methods for you to implement
- An interest in ESL/TEFL/ PGCE
This course will provide you with all the information you will need when deciding on teaching methods to use in your language setting - such as the aims, background, principles, lesson plan ideas, advantages and disadvantages and activities for each method.
This course will also briefly focus on your educational objectives, learning theories and what the teaching terms such as 'method' actually mean in context.
As I have specialised in TEFL / ESL (English as a Second Language), my examples are in English, but you can use the examples and lesson plan ideas when teaching other foreign languages.
Who this course is for:
- Current or future teachers, people interested in language teaching methods
- Those who want to teach TEFL / ESL
I am a qualified teacher who has specialised in ESL teaching. I taught for one year in Wales and have worked in Hong Kong for 5 years teaching different ages, but have settled with secondary students now. I have completed a 3 year in-depth BA degree in TESOL as well as an MA in TESOL, a PGCE and a MA in EDUCATION.