How to Learn and Memorize the Vocabulary of Any Language
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 hour on-demand audio
- 8 articles
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of this course you will be able to create Memory Palaces perfectly designed for memorizing foreign language vocabulary
- You will have the ability to recall foreign language vocabulary words that you have memorized with ease
- You will enjoy a boost in fluency and be able to read foreign language newspapers, understand movies and music and engage in conversations in a much more sophisticated manner than ever before due to large boosts in new vocabulary
- You will be more creative and capable of thinking in a completely new way
- A willingness to experiment
Learning a new language is much different than improving one you already know. The brain is forced to access information much differently, and this can quickly overload our traditional memory. This course aims to overcome this challenge, by introducing a new form of memorization for language learning.
Master Foreign Languages Quickly Using the Magnetic Memory Method
- Vocabulary Memory Palaces and Worksheets
- Principles of Location, Alphabetization, Imagination, and Action
- Storing, Recalling, and Testing Memorized Foreign Vocabulary and Alphabets
Master Foreign Language Vocabulary by Using Simple Memory Techniques
There are many benefits to knowing one or more foreign languages. You can become a more valuable worker in a variety of industries, especially since the modern world operates within a global economy. You can also travel to different parts of the world with ease if you know several languages, as these skills will allow you to communicate easily.
But mastering a completely different vocabulary than your native language can be time-consuming and difficult. That's why there are programs available to teach you how to train your mind to grasp new words and understand how to communicate in other languages. The Magnetic Memory Method, created by Dr. Anthony Metivier, makes learning a new language fun by using mnemonics, Memory Palaces, and other techniques for memorizing vocabulary.
Contents and Overview
This course contains over 50 lectures and 8 hours of content. It's designed for anyone, regardless of experience level, who wishes to improve their memory and learn a new language at the same time.
In this course, you will learn the Magnetic Memory Method, and you'll understand what a Memory Palace is and how to build one.
You'll then learn, using the principle of word division, how to populate your Memory Palaces with the vocabulary of any foreign language you wish to master.
And, finally, you'll learn how to test your recall of these words, using Excel to store your vocabulary and quiz yourself.
By the end of this course, you'll have valuable skills that will help you quickly memorize and use a foreign alphabet, regardless of how good your memory is when you start. You'll know how to memorize the vocabulary of more than one language at once, and how to memorize the correct spelling of these new words.
You'll also receive bonus material that reinforces the concepts you've learned and give you new tricks to improve your memory. With these lessons, you'll find that you're able to read, speak, and write in a foreign language in a short period of time.
- Language learners
- People interested in improving their memory
There is an important tool you should consider for your language learning journey. There is also a mindset that has helped me many times in life. Please make sure to watch this video to set yourself up for success before completing the full course.
In this video you will discover the objectives of this course. These include:
- Learning the Magnetic Memory Method & adapt it to your own learning style and needs.
- Learning to focus on vocabulary the right way.
- Learning how to avoid traps and pitfalls some memorizers encounter.
- Learning advanced imagination techniques that will make the vocabulary words you want to learn stick out like a sore thumb.
- Learn how to track and test the words you memorize.
- Learn the psychological subtleties behind how and why the Magnetic Memory Method works.
- Learn some of the more advanced "ninja" or "Jedi" memorization techniques.
- Learn how to innovate so that you can memorize new words on the fly.
- Learn how to memorize the spellings of foreign language vocabulary.
- Learn how to memorize vocabulary words that do not share the Latinate alphabet.
- Learn how to motivate yourself to spend time on correct vocabulary memorization.
- Learn to be relaxed during the recall of memorized vocabulary.
- ... and much, much more.
This lecture introduces the Memory Palace concept.
- What Memory Palaces are and why they are useful.
- How to create a fully-functional Memory Palace for the memorization of foreign language vocabulary.
- Why Memory Palaces based on real locations are superior.
- How Memory Palaces allow you to focus on vocabulary memorization and retention.
- How to expend zero mental energy as you move through your Memory Palaces.
- How to create your first Memory Palace using two of the most important principles.
Picking the right locations for your Memory Palaces is a key component of the Magnetic Memory method. In this lecture, you'll learn:
- How to identify and select the best kinds of locations.
- How to chart an effective journey through your Memory Palaces.
- How to avoid traps and pitfalls so that your progress is never hindered.
- How to ensure that you never run out of space for more Memory Palaces.
In this lecture you will learn:
- How to create intense images that will help you effortlessly and accurately recall foreign language vocabulary.
- How to harness the power of exaggeration.
- How to find help and inspiration from art galleries and books about paintings.
- How to use actors and famous figures to memorize and recall foreign language vocabulary with ease.
Don't worry! Even people without rich and active imaginations can use this technique. This lecture will show you how.
In this lecture you will learn:
- Why you need to use action in order to memorize and recall foreign language vocabulary easily and effectively.
- How to rapidly generate ideas for highly memorable actions in a natural way.
- How to avoid the trap of self-criticism and self-judgment and allow your mind to work its Magnetic Memory magic.
In this supplementary video, you will review the key concepts of the Magnetic Memory Method and experience a step-by-step example of how you can use the MMM to memorize a non-Latinate alphabet. The tools in this video apply to any alphabet you might like to memorize, but if you can't see how, please post a new discussion with some details of the alphabet you're trying to memorize and why you feel blocked. You can also easily refer to Magnetic Memory Method Podcast Episode One: 5 Ways to Ruin a Perfectly Good Memory Palace for troubleshooting clues. Be sure to subscribe to the podcast on either Stitcher or iTunes.
- Create an Magnetically Alphabetized series of Memory Palaces for vocabulary memorization.
- Identify effective stations within each Memory Palace.
- Avoid common problems and pitfalls.
- How to identify word structures and prepare them for memorization.
- How to place vocabulary in your Memory Palaces according to word types and categories.
- Why word division allows you to accumulate vocabulary rapidly.
- How word division can help you understand the meanings of words you have never seen before without consulting a dictionary.
- How to use word parts in combination with bridging figures to increase the memorability of the vocabulary in your target language.
How to use your calendar for the maximum absorption of new vocabulary.
How to schedule rehearsal and testing sessions that will keep your memorized vocabulary Magnetic.
How to choose themes and subject areas and schedule them in for maximum effect.
- Use Excel to create alphabetical groupings of your Memory Palaces for the purposes of effective testing.
- List your stations in each location so that you can easily access them.
- Store the images, actions and the meanings of your words for effective rehearsal.
- Memorize entire phrases and test the accuracy of your recall.
- How to strengthen your existing memorized vocabulary.
- How to add new images to existing memorized vocabulary.
- How to repair broken memorized vocabulary.
- How to avoid stress & anxiety during all stages of the memorization process.
- The secret reason why we forget vocabulary in the first place.
- How to set up a Memory Palace for memorizing a foreign language with unusual characters.
- How to use the principles of location, imagination and action to memorize and recall the alphabet with ease.
- How to test your progress using a simple exercise.
In this lecture you will learn:
- How to effectively invent Memory Palaces so that you will always have an endless supply for vocabulary memorization.
- How to incorporate imaginary elements into Memory Palaces based on actual locations.
- How to limit the amount of mental energy spent on imaginary Memory Palaces so that the maximum focus can be spent on vocabulary memorization.
How to use the connection between relaxation and learning.
Why relaxation is the true source of fluency for speakers of a second language
Exactly how to relax using two specific methods perfectly suited for the memorization of vocabulary using the Magnetic Memorization Method.