Landscape Photography Master Class
What you'll learn
- Understand how a camera works.
- Select appropriate values for Aperture, Shutter and ISO in the camera (practical).
- Understand what camera settings should be selected for taking landscapes and portraits (practical).
- Choose the right camera for landscape photography.
- Select the right lenses.
- Comprehend the use of camera equipment like tripod, shutter release, various camera filters, camera bags and cleaning tools etc. and their use in landscape photography.
- Use photographic filters in the field.
- Learn important camera settings like White Balance, Image Quality modes, Histogram etc.
- Compose images based on professional guidelines for successful landscape work.
- Plan a landscape photography shoot by scouting the field and gaining the appropriate knowledge for a successful adventure.
- Watch landscape photography tips on location and see what goes behind the scenes
- Do night time photography (star trails and Milky Way practical)
- Realise the value and potential of post processing tools like Adobe Lightroom.
- Post Process a landscape photo
- Organise your photos better
- Have interest in landscape photography.
- Owning a DSLR camera is preferable but not essential prior to starting the course.
The course aims at beginners and intermediate level photographers to consciously improve their expertise in the field of landscape photography with a focus on digital camera skills. It covers topics that include, but not limited to, basic and advanced camera settings, equipment, shooting techniques, post processing, knowledge and planning aspects of your photographic adventures. Most importantly, to help making your work special, it focuses on soft skills that include composition and properties of a good image.
To see what goes through a photographer's mind, the lectures take you outdoors, behind the scene, for practical examples where depending on the situation; we adjust our camera settings, use the right equipment, compose images and change perspective to be effective.
Post Processing tools like Adobe Lightroom harness the field work with the final outcome of the image for personal and client satisfaction. Course lectures take you through a basic workflow of organizing your images and processing them for a stunning finish.
Join this fun and practical course, equip yourself with knowledge, and take your landscape photography to a higher level.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners Photographers.
- Intermediate Photographers.
- Students who want to explore the field of landscape photography.
I am a Cape Town based photographer with a passion for landscape photography. Nature’s colors bring joy to my heart, and its sounds are music to my soul. Getting lost in the miracles of the world is my escape and my serenity. My passion for photography sprung from years of travel, hiking and exploring. Before I bought my first camera in 2006, I always collected photos digitally, often printing them and sticking them on my wall as a student. They were a world into which I escaped in thought, imagination and dream. Although my love is for landscape photography, I enjoy capturing people and expressions as well, and find pleasure in the human tale conveyed in an image.
Aristotle said, “The more you know, the more you know you don’t know”, and the more I have known, the more I have realised that I need not only to learn, but to share as well. This is one of my motivations in creating tutorials, both video and textual – to share what I have learnt.
I am thankful to my parents, siblings, and to my beloved wife for always supporting me in so many ways. As I continue my life-journey, it is my wish to travel the reaches of world, and to immortalize the experiences through image.