How to Design, Build, Deploy, and Manage Directed Chatbots
What you'll learn
- Analyze business objectives to identify opportunities for chatbots
- Define audience goals and chatbot outcomes that are aligned with your business goals
- Consider pros and cons of Natural Language Processing/Artificial Intelligence (NLP-AI) chatbots and rule-based or directed chatbots
- Visualize and design conversational flows with decision trees, spreadsheets, or Use Cases
- Use brain-based messaging to engage visitors with your chatbot
- Build a product /services chatbot using the Landbot platform
- Integrate your Landbot chatbot with an AI-driven Google DialogFlow chatbot
- Create an exceptional user experience by using variables to capture user choices
- Minimize lost leads with the “live chat” functionality
- Analyze past conversations to improve your bot and minimize losing potential customers
- Share your chatbot on WhatsApp, Facebook, Slack, embed it in your website, or create a full page conversational user interface
- Develop an affiliate marketing / retail chatbot that you can use immediately
- To follow along with our examples and complete the assignment, you will need to sign up for a free account with Landbot
- No other prerequisites
A major reason people love chatbots: Finding vs Searching.
Tired of wracking your brain for the right keywords so search engines can offer you a limitless number of mostly wrong options? Guess what? SO ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS! Directed chatbots guide visitors to what they want by offering a few well-crafted choices.
Directed chatbots steer your audiences towards the end goal of your message step-by-step. They represent a rapidly evolving technology that is changing the way we make decisions. The latest chatbot trends show that businesses are catching up with this trend and investing in chatbots to personalize their brands and engage with customers. They are particularly powerful for product sales and customer service interactions.
Technology for the People!
Directed chatbots allow you to use your language, your style, your knowledge, and your wit to communicate with your prospects and customers. They are an extension of your personality and give you the power of being present online 24-7-365. And the real beauty is you do not need developers to create one!
Whatever your background is, you can develop and publish a chatbot using the process we teach. We start with clear, simple-to-understand clarifications of the differences between Artificial Intelligence (AI) based chatbots (aka NLU bots) and directed chatbots (aka rule-based chatbots).
You learn how to:
Match your business plan and objectives with your audience’s goals and desired outcomes.
Design and structure an engaging conversational flow for the best audience or user experience. Salespeople know that their conversations need to follow a certain path in order to be successful, so your chatbot should follow the same structure.
Leverage the power of neuroscience to shape your chatbot messages and create an exceptional and engaging user experience.
Phrase questions that convert visitors to customers based on how the human brain makes decisions. But that’s just for starters. To make a difference, you learn how to present the questions that are the heart of a chatbot.
Add powerful live chat functionality to your bot for people who prefer to talk to other people directly. Reserve this feature for products and services that justify your time investment. Don’t waste your valuable time on the low hanging fruit. That’s what chatbots are for.
Create an engaging, directed chatbot using the intuitive, drag and drop chatbot development platform from Landbot - no programming required. (However, if you love to code, you can make your bot sing with Landbot’s advanced functionality and APIs).
Integrate your Landbot chatbot with an AI-driven bot such as DialogFlow if a directed chatbot is not powerful enough.
Great chatbots EVOLVE! Learn how to analyze past conversations and use the results to improve your bot.
We are confident that you will enjoy the course and gain a ton of valuable skills. To help and guide you, we are with you all the way. Post any question or comments about the course and we will respond ASAP. You can also message us directly. We hope, we can share our enthusiasm and conviction about the power and promising future of rule-based chatbots. We are sure that it will simplify the journey of anyone who is looking for products, knowledge, help, or support.
We offer free preview lessons plus a 30-day, 100% money back guarantee, so nothing stops you from jumping right in and trying the course out.
CLICK THE BUY NOW BUTTON, and we'll see you in lesson 1!
What Do You Get When You Buy This Course?
Lifetime access to the course including future updates.
30-day Moneyback guarantee backed by Udemy if you are not completely satisfied with the learning experience.
"Intellimated" video lectures use visual representations to simplify complex concepts and associations.
Quizzes give you an opportunity to test your understanding of the presented material, reinforce learning, and increase retention.
Help from the authors answers open questions and provides additional information.
About the Instructor
Teaches 10+ Udemy courses for Agile Business Analysis with over 60,000 students enrolled.
Champions lean and agile methods to meet communication challenges between business and IT communities.
Extensive YouTube Channel with over 100 videos for 17K+ subscribers and 1.6M+ views.
Author of 10+ Business Analysis books covering tools and techniques for Agile and traditional software requirements.
Consultant to a multitude of Fortune 500 companies and governmental agencies.
Facilitated 100’s of User Story and Requirements Gathering Workshops for multi-million-dollar projects.
35+ years’ experience with instructor-led training for tens of thousands of students around the world.
Coach and mentor for aspiring business analysts.
Intrigued but not convinced? Check out our FREE previews to make sure my instructor style and delivery work for you.
Who this course is for:
- Everyone who wants to improve audience engagement with their message by guiding them instead of letting them guess
- Developers interested in learning how to create chatbots that solve business problems
- Website Designers who want to add modern chatbot design to their toolkit
- Business analysts who need to define the requirements for chatbots
- Practitioners who want to know how to implement a chatbot in Landbot
- Test engineers who need to develop tests to validate the functionality of chatbots
- Anyone curious about what chatbots are, how they work, why they are important, and how to build one
Angela and Tom Hathaway of BA-EXPERTS (previously Hathaway & Associates, Inc. and Requirements Solutions Group, LLC) have been in business analysis and UX (User Experience) design for over 30 years. Their expertise spans information technology, methodologies, and innumerable applications in every industry for organizations from Mom-and-Pop shops to Fortune 100 companies and government agencies. In their writings and lectures they strive for enlightening while entertaining.
They have taught many thousands of students around the world and facilitated hundreds of requirements discovery sessions under a variety of acronyms (JAD, ASAP, JADr, JRP, etc). In recent years, they have focused their attention on human-machine communication, in particular how to improve the use of Chatbots.
Current and past customers include TIAA-CREF (Financial), Cathay Pacific, Emirates Airlines (Transportation), Manitoba Telecom Services (Telecommunications), Honeywell (Manufacturing), Starwood Hotels and Resorts (Hospitality), numerous government agencies, and a myriad of other organizations.
Tom and Angela's training, consulting, and mentoring efforts have saved their customers around the world millions of dollars. They can help your organization evolve and improve your conversational user interface, business analysis, and UX Design practices.