Labnaf is a software and unified framework for visualizing your enterprise and for driving transformations.
It brings productivity, consistency and cross-discipline collaboration by merging and extending standards into one single process, modeling language and software.
Labnaf helps you understand your organization, envision its future, plan transformations and describe architecture solutions using multi-dimensional models, charts, analysis and reports.
The framework and the software are highly and easily customizable.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN DURING THIS COURSE
· What are enterprise functions and why they are so important to your organization
· Organize and navigate the architecture following the structure of enterprise functions
· Get a bird’s eye view on a situation using heat maps and other types of chart, and visualize these heat maps and charts using Prolaborate dashboards.
For enterprise architects, business architects and analysts
· Create and maintain an enterprise function portfolio using the Labnaf architecture language, methods and tools
· Classify architecture items using the enterprise function hierarchy (also applicable to Labnaf Strategy Definition and Execution)
· Create heat maps
NB: We call “enterprise functions”, what some others call “business capabilities”. Indeed, to model an enterprise, we need unambiguous terms. And as a matter of fact, the term “business” is quite vague. And the term “capability” is overloaded.
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING
What you will learn specifically:
What enterprise functions (aka business capabilities) are and why you need those.
Learn how to identify, visualize, analyze and optimize
· enterprise functions (groups of enterprise activities)
· how they are logically structured
· how they interact
· information they exchange
· access point they use (face-to-face, EDI, email, web site, phone…)
· which ones are differentiators
· which ones are externalized
· how they are realized by software, people and equipment
Learn how to create, publish and navigate base maps, heat maps and charts
· The difference between holistic and selective heat maps and charts
· Create base maps and heat maps using auto legends
· How heat maps and charts leverage imports, cascaded calculated values, and diagram generation
· Generate and zoom into functional application diagrams
· Use the Prolaborate portal to navigate dashboards, heat maps and other charts
· Generate enterprise function portfolio reports
Learn how enterprise functions are used for organizing enterprise strategy and architecture data
· applications, information, processes, target capabilities
· assignment of functional domains to people