Introduction to Kundalini Yoga
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn how to activate the parasympathetic nervous system
- Safe ways to calm your mind
- Gentle, easy and highly effective exercises to build up and maintain a strong body and a calm mind
- Powerful breathing techniques to balance the hormonal system
- The Basics of original Kundalini Yoga
- Increase your body awareness
- Yogic Sukshma Vyayama - Subtle yogic exercises to prepare the body for the higher practices
- Yogic Sthula Vyayama - A flow to work your whole body for when you got little time
- Bandhas and Mudras - Learn how to make the energies move
- Shat Karmas - Yogic techniques to cleanse your whole system
- Strengthen your whole body from head to toe
- Kundalini Yoga before Yogi Bhajan
- No prior experience or knowledge necessary
- A Yoga-mat, a blanket and a nice, undisturbed space to practice
In this course you will learn the fundamentals of Kundalini Yoga Parampara. With easy to follow exercises you will learn how to activate the parasympathetic nervous system, which will calm your mind and at the same time raise your energy level. This practice also will cleanse and strengthen your whole body. Kundalini Yoga Parampara has the power to transform your life completely. Already after the first practice you will feel the positive impact of these powerful techniques and exercises. You will learn how to use your breath to effectively increase your awareness and overall well-being. Learn what the yogis know since thousands of years, implement this practice into your daily life and experience true calmness of the mind! Practiced regularly, Kundalini Yoga Parampara has the power to totally transform your life.
- People with a busy mind in need of natural and secure ways to calm the mind
- Beginners and advanced practitioners
- Yoga teachers looking for something new to add to their classes
- Spiritual seekers with a strong desire and a firm will
- If you had enough of stressful yoga-workouts and want to discover the power of truly relaxing yoga
- Anyone ready to experience a state of deep silence
- Anyone seeking to establish a profound daily yogic practice
- Anyone wanting to experience a soothing flow of energy throughout the body
- Anyone lacking energy and inspiration
- Anyone wanting to learn the Yogic Sukshma Vyayama - Subtle yogic exercises to prepare the body for the higher practices
- Anyone wanting to learn the Yogic Sthula Vyayama - Powerful yogic exercises to strengthen the whole body
- Anyone wanting to learn the Shat Karmas - Yogic cleansing excercises, Kunjala, Jala&Sutra Neti, Nauli Kriya
- Anyone interested in the Kundalini Tradition BEFORE Yogi Bhajan
- Anyone seriously engaging on the path towards self-realization
- If you want to increase your body awareness
In this Video you will learn Kapalabhati and Ajagari, two essential breathing techniques we use for the Kundalini Yoga Parampara practice. Watch this video before you go for the practice videos!
These two exercises already bring many benefits. They are strongly vitalizing and cleansing. Ajagari is stimulating the vagus nervus and consequently activates the parasympathetic nervous system, which will calm your mind and relax your whole body. Kapalabhati will harmonize the hormonal system and, for example, regulate the serotonin production.
By learning these two breathing techniques, you are adding two very powerful tools to your Yoga practice that you will never want to miss again.
In this 66 minute practice we will activate the parasympathethic nervous system and we will be working on our whole body from head to toes. The Yogic Sukshma Vyayama is the preparation of the body for higher yogic practices. This series of exercises are easy to do, very effective and perfect for everyone to build up a strong and healthy body and calm the mind. It is very important to strengthen all parts of our body equally so and equilibrium can be established. The Yogic Sukshma Vyayama is cleansing, strengthening, calming and energizing at the same time.
The yogic sthula vyayama is also designed to work on the whole body. This shorter video is perfect to work your whole body if you have little time for practice. The exercises are physcially a little more demanding but still easy to learn and very beneficial.
In this one hour practice video I designed a flow consisting of exercises from the Yogic Sukshma Vyayama mixed with asanas and exercises I learned directly from my teacher in workshops and classes. This flow will lead you into a deeper experience of the bliss of bhujangini and will leave you deeply relaxed and refreshed.
Welcome to the second part of this course - the Shat Karmas!
The yogic cleansing exercises called Shat Karmas are of significant importance for a profound, serious, and successful yogic practice. These exercises are a powerful tool to not only keep your body healthy and strong all your life but to initiate a powerful process that will help to release traumatic experiences stored in the muscles and tissues and break free from limiting conditionings that are holding us back from living up to our full potential. Watch this video to get more insight into what I mean by this!
Kunjala is the first of the 6 cleansing exercises, called Shat Karmas, to learn. This procedure also cleanses the skin and makes pimples and other skin diseases disappear. It also cures diseases of the teeth, rebounds the heart function, heals breast disease, constipation, and other indigestion, bile problems, asthma, rickets, angina, night blindness, and many other conditions.
Numerous nerves of the navel center, in particular, the solar plexus, are strongly stimulated and by activation of the vagus nerve the parasympathetic nervous system is stimulated, which is a blessing for the heart and at the same time sets in motion the heat-producing processes of the abdomen.
Kunjala will help you to gain control of the reflex of vomiting which makes this exercise a prerequisite for the next Shat Karma exercise Sutra & Jala Neti. Practice this 40 days in a row and then once a week or once a month.
!WARNING! Do not practice this when you suffer from heart disease or high blood pressure!
The second Shat Karma cleansing exercise consists of Sutra & Jala Neti. You need a pair of Neti-Strings and a Neti-Pot for this one. Make sure you practiced Kunjala, the first Shat Karma exercise, for a sufficient amount of time before you proceed with Sutra & Jala Neti. This exercise is said to eliminate all diseases above the shoulders. Due to the slight friction caused by gently pulling the strings back and forth all the Nadis in the head region are activated causing a strong flush of life force. Practiced regularly, this exercise will keep your nose, ears, and teeth healthy and your eyes will shine like diamonds. Sutra & Jala Neti is an excellent cure against headaches, inertness, and insomnia. It also helps against hair loss, is said to stimulate the intellect and eliminates forgetfulness. The positive effects of this exercise can already be felt after the first practice.
You can buy Neti Strings and a Neti Pot in any good Yoga Shop or online. If you are having trouble getting these requisites, don´t hesitate to contact me. I will be very happy to help you get them :)
Nauli Kriya, the third exercise of the Shat Karmas, is a very powerful cleansing exercise that will also massage and strengthen the inner organs as well as tone the abdominal muscles. This exercise is stimulating the vagus nervus which consequently is activating the solar plexus and slows down the heartbeat. By slowing down the heartbeat also the blood flow to the brain will slow down slightly which is very beneficial. Nauli is a powerful tool to get rid of flatulence too.
In the Hatha-Yoga-Pradipika they say that Nauli Kriya is lighting the fire of digestion and eliminates all diseases in the lower body and gifts the practitioner with delight.
Congratulations on completing this course!
I am very curious to hear about your experience and I would really appreciate it if leave your review. Please take a few minutes and share your thoughts and emotions about this course. It will help others to consider taking this course and you will help me in improving these courses and my way of sharing this practice.
If you really fell in love with this style of Kundalini Yoga, don´t hesitate and get in touch with me. I will be happy to share with you and answer all your questions and keep you up-to-date about regular classes, new online courses, and upcoming Yoga retreats.
You can also find interesting articles and information on my website www.blissofkundalini.com