Kundalini Yoga to Heal Stress and Anxiety by Valinda~Viriam
What you'll learn
- Transform stress to calm in as little as 30 min. a day!
- Join my Group on Facebook for support! Conversations with my Soul Sisters, Kundalini Yoga & Wellness (Women Only please)
- Learn simple breath-work, chanting and simple movement to balance your nervous system, glands & organs!
- Try the first class in a chair!
- Create a space in your home where you will practice Kundalini Yoga & Meditation!
- You can modify each pose as needed, the first class can be done seated on a chair!
Kundalini Yoga is a highly effective yoga that transforms a person quickly and effectively. I filmed this course in 2012 before the abuse charges about Yogi Bhajan came out. I want to make it clear that I had no knowledge about the abuse by the teacher Yogi Bhajan who brought this practice to the West in 1969. I stand with the survivors of abuse and here is my statement of intention moving forward as of August 2020: Contact me for my statement (Udemy will not let me post external links).
In this course you will be guided by Valinda Cochella-(Viriam Kaur) MA, E-RYT an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (with over 20,000 hours plus 20 years teaching) certified in Kundalini and Hatha Yoga at the advanced levels.
She has a Master's degree in Dance/Movement Therapy from UCLA and worked as a therapist for many years.
You will learn simple and effective tools to practice in your daily life in as little as 30 minutes a day to transform stress, anxiety, and depression to calm, centered, peaceful feelings.
There are 5 Kundalini Yoga sessions in this course. Each session is about 30 minutes. The first session starts with Kundalini Yoga Basics then progresses with more challenging poses. Kundalini Yoga is an effective system of yoga for everyone! Feel free to do the first lesson 1-3 times a week, then progress to 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th lessons and do the same!
Using breathing techniques, chanting, and simple movements you will balance your nervous system, glands and organs. This is a simple practice, not the Yoga of getting your leg behind your head!
Join my FREE Facebook group, Conversations with my Soul Sisters, Kundalini Yoga, Meditation and Wellness for print-outs of all the chants and daily support from members and creator of this course.
We are here to support YOU in your Journey to Wellness.
We can't wait to see the progress you will make in your home practice. We also do FREE 40 day meditation challenges together! We did 8 last year and are on our 4th this year (Quarantine year). These are 3, 6, 9, 11 minute meditations YOU CHOOSE what works for you and your life!
Sat Nam (Truth is your name)
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in yoga/healing ready to heal stress and anxiety in their lives! Practice can be done seated on floor or in a chair, I give modifications!
- You will chant to vibrate cells and glands in the brain start with Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo 3x (I bow to that infinite creative consciousness that lies within myself)
- People who are open-minded to a different type of Yoga using chanting, bouncing, movement, & breath to calm the nervous system
- This practice was brought to the West in 1969 it is similar to Tibetan Yoga & Tantric Yoga (not meaning sex)
- Join the Facebook group for Maximum results and support! Women Only Please! Conversations with my Soul Sisters, Kundalini Yoga, Meditation and Wellness (Brothers are welcome) We support Black Lives Matter and Racial Equality!
Valinda Cochella MA, E-RYT
(Spiritual name-Viriam Kaur: it means the princess who is the bringer of divine truth)
MA, Dance/Movement Therapy UCLA 1994
E-RYT 500, Experienced Registered Yoga Instructor teaching since 1999
Founder of South Bay Yoginis-2000
Upon completion of her Master’s degree, she worked for seven years as a Therapist, Counselor and Teacher abroad (in Mexico and Japan).
Valinda-Viriam has been practicing Yoga since 1994, and has been passionately studying yoga ever since.
In 2014 she completed her 5th year of advanced studies in Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. She led 3 Hatha Yoga Teacher Training programs through Cloud Nine Yoga. And 1, 200 hour YA certified Online Kundalini Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training Through The Kundalini Yoga Center.
Valinda’s unique training as a Dance/ Movement Therapist, Reiki Practitioner and at Clearsight Clairvoyant School, allow her to guide people to explore yoga on a deep level to heal the body, mind and spirit.
She creates a safe spiritual, therapeutic environment. Come take a journey into yourself…..the most important journey ever
Valinda’s classes/teacher trainings/workshops/retreats are unique experiences, they offer deep healing not just on a body level, but on many different levels, you must try a class to see!… See our testimonials page
“Still Your Mind, Open Your Heart,
Speak Your Truth and Live Your Dreams”
- South Bay Yoginis
Follow me: on FB/IG/Twitter/Vimeo/YouTube/: @ValindaYoga
FB page: South Bay Yoginis
FB group: Conversations with my Soul Sisters: Kundalini Yoga, Meditation & Wellness FREE private group for daily practices.