Kubernetes Basics for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Know about the history of Kubernetes
- Understand what Kubernetes really is
- Dive into Kubernetes Architecture
- Learn about Masters, Nodes, Pods, Services & Deployments
- Learn about the declarative model and desired state
- Hands-on: We'll Kubernetes on Minikube, Google Kubernetes Engine, AWS with EKS and a Manual install.
- Start Working with Pods
- Hands-on: Deploy your first pod
- Learn about Kubernetes Services
- Hands-on: Creating a service the iterative way
- Hands-on: Creating a service the declarative way
- Hands-on: Kubernetes Deployment
- Basic system administration
- Access to a laptop or a desktop computer with internet connection
"This is by far the best Kubernetes Basics course for beginners" - Student Testimonial
Kubernetes DevOps engineers make an average of $140,000 to $265,000 annually. Kubernetes is one of the hottest skills in 2020.
This Kubernetes basics course is aimed at providing you with the fundamental knowledge of the Kubernetes or K8s architecture along with hands-on practical labs to strengthen your core concepts. Here's what will be covered in this Kubernetes course:
Kubernetes history - where it came from
Kubernetes Basics - What and why
Kubernetes Architecture - Masters, Nodes, Pods, Services & Deployments
Understand the desired state and declarative model
Hands-On: Installing Kubernetes on Minikube, GKS, AWS along with a manual install
Hands-On: Working with Pods. Deploying your first pod.
Hands-On: Kubernetes Services. Creating a service the iterative & declarative way
Hands-On: Kubernetes deployments. Creating your first deployment
How to build a career in Kubernetes
Learning Kubernetes is essential for any DevOps professional. DevOps Engineers are always in demand. Currently, the average Silicon Valley salary for a DevOps engineer is 20% higher than what a software engineer makes.
Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. It was originally designed by Google and is now maintained by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
Kubernetes is at the cutting-edge of application deployment. The best way to kick-start your DevOps career is by learning how to effectively deploy Kubernetes.
This Kubernetes basics course is for absolute beginners. With zero knowledge about Kubernetes, once you take this course and complete all of the hands-on lab exercises, you will be ready to deploy your own applications on a Kubernetes platform.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners in Containers
- Beginners in Orchestration
- System Administrators
- Project Managers
Hi, I'm Arpit Roy.
Do you want to learn more about the hot IT technologies, compete and remain relevant in today's fast-changing IT dynamics, and get that promotion or that coveted high-paying job? Let me help you...
I am a Solutions Architect with 9+ years of experience in the IT industry and I will teach you the technologies of tomorrow, today in a very simple to understand, hands-on approach. No death by PowerPoint - I promise!
My students are my assets and nothing makes me feel better than hearing that I have helped you reach the next level in your career.