Kubernetes for developers
What you'll learn
- You will be able to deploy, manage and scale your apps in Kubernetes.
- You will be able to deploy your apps on Azure AKS.
- You will be able to create and deploy Deployment, Service, ConfigMap, Secret
- You will be able to deploy and connect a web app (ASP NET Core) with a database (SQL Server).
- Familiarity with ASP NET Core
- Familiarity with SQL Server database
This goal of this course is to get you started with Kubernetes. Through a practical workshop, you'll learn how to dockerize an app, deploy it to Kubernetes cluster and apply DevOps into it.
Create ASP.NET Core MVC app
Add Model and Controller for Products
Demo of the MVC app.cmproj
Demo of the MVC app
Build Docker Container for MVC app
Push Docker container to Docker Hub
Overview on setting up Kubernetes
Deploy Docker container into Kubernetes using Dashboard
Deploy Docker container using YAML and kubectl
Create and deploy a Service
Create and deploy MSSQL
Connect web app to DB in Kubernetes using ENV
Create AKS cluster
Connect to AKS Dashboard and kubectl
StorageClass to create an Azure Disk
Using LoadBalancer instead of NodePort
Deploy PVC to Azure AKS
Deploy Secret to Azure AKS
Deploy Sql Server container to Azure AKS
Deploy the mvc app to Azure AKS
Running the app on AKS
Publish project to Github
Create the CI pipeline using Azure DevOps
Create the CD pipeline
Edit the pipeline to use the newest container
Run the CI-CD pipeline
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for developers who want to get started with Kubernetes with focus on how to deploy, manage and scale monolith or microservices apps. It is worth mentioning that this course is not for IT specialists.
Houssem Dellai is a Customer Engineer at Microsoft. Before that, he was nominated Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for 5 years in a row. You might saw his work without you had even noticed ! If you were looking for content on Docker, Kubernetes, DevOps, Terraform, Xamarin, ASP.NET or Azure, chances are so high that you have passed through his Youtube channel or his blog posts on Microsoft Blog, Medium and CodeProject.
He is also a conference speaker and professional certified trainer (MCT) who have trained thousands of students and professional developers. So, he knows where people stuck to learn new technologies. He is the one who can simplify the complicated concepts for beginners.