DevOps using Kubernetes and Docker (Hands-on)
What you'll learn
- Be able to understand, deploy and administer Kubernetes Platform
- Create Docker container images for web applications
- Create a multi-node, production grade Kubernetes Cluster with High Availability
- Create, Run and Manage Docker Containers at Cloud scale in a Kubernetes Cluster
- Horizontally scale each microservices application, on demand and expose the microservice using a load balancer service.
- Upgrade, downgrade applications running in a live production system using Kubernetes
- Rollback to the previous working version of the application, if there was any problem with the upgrade.
- Perform server maintenance activities in a live production Kubernetes Cluster, without any application downtime.
- Some Basic Understanding on Linux
- We cover from the very basics - From Virtual Machines to Docker Containers to Kubernetes
- Anyone from any background can easily understand this course.
This course on Docker and Kubernetes for Beginners in devops, was primarily designed with the beginners in mind.
You'll learn a lot of DevOps workflow hands-on in this course.
In addition to covering everything you need to known about Kubernetes, this course also covers the very basics on virtualization and cloud technologies, including Docker Containers.
This is a hands-on Kubernetes crash course with a lot of Labs, and Demos.
Here is a brief summary of what you'll learn in this course:
Difference between Virtual Machines and Docker Containers,
How to build Docker Container Images and run them.
How to push Docker Images to Docker Hub Registry
Difference between Docker and Kubernetes
What is Kubernetes
Kubernetes vs Docker Swarm
Why Google Open Sourced Kubernetes
What is the need for Kubernetes,
What is the problem that Kubernetes addresses
How end users benefit from Kubernetes,
How to create a real multi-node Kubernetes Cluster in Google Cloud Platform
How to create a Minikube cluster on your laptop or VM.
How to create, run and manage Docker Containers as Pods in Kubernetes Cluster at cloud scale
How to create a Kubernetes Deployment
How to create a Kubernetes Load Balancer Service
Basics on Microservices Architecture
How to scale up and Scale down Pods in Kubernetes Cluster
How to perform DevOps workflow (rollout and rollback software updates to Pods) in a Kubernetes Cluster
How to drain a Kubernetes Node for maintenance using High Availability
How to add back the node to the cluster after the maintenance.
How to dismantle the Kubernetes Cluster.
This is a hands-on Kubernetes course with a lot of Labs, and Demos.
The course was created by a very senior technical architect and devops guru who has more than 16 years of experience in working for various silicon valley companies.
If you are not completely satisfied with the course, you can request for a full refund from Udemy anytime within the first 30 days.
Who this course is for:
- Software Developers, DevOps Engineers, Application Developers, Software Test Engineers, IT admins, Managers, Executives, or Anyone who's interested in learning Docker Containers and Kubernetes
Ganesh Velrajan has 16+ years of experience working for various silicon valley technology companies including Cisco Systems.
He has architected many complex software systems at Cisco and Other Silicon Valley companies.
In the past, he has trained software engineers on various technologies and softwares that Cisco develops.
He also runs a MeetUp group to educate his audience on the latest in Cloud and DevOps Technologies.
He is also the principal research analyst at EthernetResearch, a tech industry research firm.