Krita basic to advanced digital painting
- 8.5 hours on-demand video
- 28 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- General computer graphic concepts that all artists need to know
- Hands-on projects carefully designed to help students gradually level up from beginners to masters in a very short time
- In-depth explanation of many different features and settings inside Krita
- Learn the workflow of creating professional-level illustration fast and non-destructive
- Designed for complete beginners. No experience needed!
- Able to use basic computer operations such as copying file, extracting zip file, installing software, etc.
- It is strongly recommended that you have a pressure-sensitive drawing tablet such as: Wacom, XP-Pen, Huion, etc.
Krita is a graphic application comparable to Photoshop, Gimp, CorelPainter, etc. But unlike Photoshop, Krita is an open source project, so anyone can use Krita without having to pay anything for the software license. Krita was built from the ground up as a digital painting software first in mind. That is why if you want to create drawing or illustration, Krita will me make you feel right at home.
If you never use Krita before and you want to master it fast. Then this course is your best solution. It is designed for complete beginners, so no experience needed at all. Or, if you used Photoshop before and you want to move to Krita then this course is for you also. Because in this course I will mention a lot about Photoshop’s comparable features when explaining the features inside Krita.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
There are so many things we will cover in this course and it will be too long to explain all of them in this short text. But to name a few, here are the things you will learn in the first several sections in this course.
We will start from zero, and that is the general computer graphic concepts such as the difference between raster and vector, color models, bit depth per channel, etc. Then I will explain how to make Krita runs smoother and how to set up drawing tablets for optimal result. So yes, you will need a drawing tablet to really gain the maximum benefits of using Krita and to gain benefits from this course.
After that, we will cover the basic features of Krita. From how to work with documents, how to customize the UI, how to navigate the canvas and then learn how to use the brush tool. Next, we will learn about how to work with color such as selecting color and picking color from the existing colors. After that, we will learn about layer and different properties of layer such as alpha inheritance, opacity, blending modes, group layer, etc. These layer features are essential to make crafting complex artwork much easier and manageable. Next we will discuss about selection. And after that we will learn how to customize Krita even further for faster digital painting workflow. We will then cover basic shading concepts and shading methods while doing a skull illustration project from start to finish. After the skull project we will learn more advanced techniques and strategy while we do a hands on project creating this tree on a hill illustration from sketch to the final artwork. I will teach you a very versatile non-destructive workflow that will allows you to create many different variations of artworks from a single artwork fast. This is very important in a fast paced production such as in the game industry for example.
So, JOIN NOW! And start creating masterpieces with Krita! See you on the other side.
I will add more lessons progressively to cover these topics -in sha Allah-:
Stylized illustration workflow
Vector + raster workflow
Line artworks techniques
All updates will be free for existing students.
- Anyone who wants to learn digital illustration from scratch
- Anyone who wants to learn Krita from the very basic
- Photoshop or Corel-Painter users who want to migrate to an open source alternative