The Kotlin Language: Fundamentals and Basics
What you'll learn
- Programming logic foundation, read and write Kotlin with condition and control
- Concept of OOPS in Kotlin, as other languages like Java, C++, PHP, C#, Scala, or Swift
- Use Intellij IDE, the popular Kotlin (and Java), for application development purpose.
- Create basic as well as professional Android apps using Kotlin, the new Java-based programming language developed by Jetbrains
- Understand how Kotlin integrates neatly with Java.
- How to use Kotlin for existing Android Apps and use it with Java.
- No previous knowledge on kotlin required. We will dive deep from very basics.
- Just a computer running Microsoft Windows/Linux/Mac running OS.We will install JDK + IntelliJ with every steps explained and shown.
>> Develop skills in Kotlin from scratch, the most beautiful modern programming language based on Java and now used for Android!
>> Expand your expertise as a Java/Android Developer and improve the quality of your code!
We begin with basics such that the beginners get a good grab over the language. There will be quizzes and coding challenges so that you test your learning.
Then we will get along with the intermediate level and create Android Apps and integrate Kotlin with Java.
The course goes on as:
- Installation of the development environment
- Understanding how program flow works in Kotlin.
- Variables & Opertors.
- Logic and making decision.
- Binary and hexadecimal numbers.
- Working with files.
- OOPs in Kotlin.
- Data Classes.
- Collections and types of collections: List, Arrays, Map and Set
- Lambdas and High Level Function
- Multi Processing.Information hiding principles and generics.
At last, get started with your first Kotlin Android App.
Give us the review and feedback to improve the course.
Once you understand the concept of OOPs explained here for Kotlin, this basic paradigm being same for all other languages, you can master others too!
(Java, PHP, C#, C++)
This course will be shaped as you want it to be. There will be more contents based on your reviews and feedback. Help this start reach heights with your valuable opinions.
Get in now and be the part!
Who this course is for:
- You should be eager to learn this awesome programming language!
- You do not need programming skills, we will start from scratch, heading towards intermediate and then to advanced topics.
- Anyone who wants to use kotlin for existing and new Android Apps, get this for yourself.
Sriyank is a passionate software developer and loves to share his knowledge through his blogs and video courses. He follows “share and gain” principle which led him to publish tonnes of courses online. He has a deep love for developing mobile applications such as Android. He started his journey of sharing knowledge by holding hands-on workshops in various top level Indian Institutes such as NITs and IITs which eventually made him the speaker of one of the Google Developers Groups India which further supported his workshops in many more institutions. Currently Sriyank is working as freelance software developer and a proud online trainer. Apart from this, he loves to travel and explore new places.