Introduction to Kotlin for Java Developers
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 16 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Solve problems in Kotlin
- Understand Kotlin's advantages over Java
- Effectively leverage Kotlin's null safety and mutability guarantees
- Speed up work with collection using Kotlin's collection operationrs
- Have fun with a new JVM language!
Why should the IDE check if you are risking an NPE, if the compiler can do it just as well? This awesome compiler feature also takes care of type conversions and more.
Call a function with any number of arguments, comma-separated-like.
Define the context of the function's operation. Advanced topic!
- A basic knowledge of Java is beneficial
This is a course on the Kotlin programming language. This course is designed for people already familiar with Java who are looking for a more modern, expressive and powerful language for the JVM.
In this course, you will learn about:
- How to install and run Kotlin and why toolability matters
- Type inference and how it can save you a lot of time
- Smart control flow structures that let you write more succinctly
- Mutability options (val and var), what they mean and how to use them
- Nullability guarantees and how they make your code more safe
- The power of functional literals (nested functions and lambdas)
- Powerful built-in delegation functionality
- How to leverage Kotlin's collection operations to process data sets efficiently
... and a lot more!
This course is completely live-demo based. All the lectures are examples of real code being edited and executed using the IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition IDE.
Update: Google has just announced official support for Kotlin on Android. Congratulations to the Kotlin team!
- Android developers wishing to learn the latest Google-approved language
- Java developers looking for a better programming language
- Developers looking for interesting language design ideas