Knowledge Base & Wiki Basics & Fundamentals -With Confluence
What you'll learn
- Discover planning concepts necessary to setup a successful knowledge base
- Apply hands on skills in starting and maintaining a knowledge base in Confluence
- Understand core processes necessary to maintain and grow a knowledge base
- Design a knowledge base structure that will improve a users experience and provide better search results
- Use Confluence macros to reduce administrative overhead and automate some tasks
- Learn to create impactful titles and headers that will provide a positive user experience and improve search results
- No prior experience needed with knowledge bases
- No prior experience needed with Confluence
- Hands-on lectures use Confluence, a free tool, which we'll setup during the course
If you’re interested in learning how to more effectively manage, create or contribute to a knowledge base or a Wiki than this course is for you. I designed it specifically for individuals who are first time knowledge base users wanting to learn these skills, but individuals who have been tasked with managing, maintaining and updating knowledge bases will also benefit from the course. No prior knowledge base experience is necessary - this course covers ALL the basics!
We’ll cover three fundamental aspects of knowledge bases, including planning, processes and features.
Understanding your audience and their needs
Determining what content you'll need to meet hose needs
Designing a structure to encourage browsing and support search
Content audits and how they help keep your content fresh
The importance of publication workflows to ensuring new content meets your standards
How to engage your audience to use and contribute to your knowledge base
Learning how to develop and deploy templates to standardize content
The importance of labels and how they drive search and they automate some tasks
Why good titles and headers are critical to your success
This course also includes hand-on activities, including documenting your knowledge base structure in LucidChart (a free tool for diagramming processes), and setting up a live knowledge base in Confluence (a free and widely used knowledge base!) so you can get some experience using these tools.
Hands-on activities include
Making and managing templates in Confluence
Using LucidChart to diagram your knowledge base structure
Creating that knowledge base structure in Confluence
Applying and maintaining labels in Confluence
Learning how a number of Confluence Macros work
Please join me in this course and start improving your knowledge base today!
Who this course is for:
- Individualscurious learn fundamental planning processes to set themselves up for success
- Individuals curious to learn fundamental processes necessary for a successful knowledge base
- Contributors to a knowledge base who want to learn how to more effectively contribute new content
- Confluence Space Admins who want to learn to setup and maintain a successful knowledge base
Robert Hean has more than 15 years experience in IT and Business Systems. He has been involved in many aspects of IT, including service desk, program management, and data and analytics. He has built compensation platforms from the ground up, designed HR databases and driven hard disks over state lines to complete projects on time.
Project Management Professional (PMP)
PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
CompTIA Project+ Professional