KNIME - a crash course for beginners
What you'll learn
- New job opportunities knock on your door
- You can easily prepare your data in advance to visualize it later in tools like Tableau or Power BI (we cover the visualization part briefly as well)
- You extend your data analytics knowledge
- You can do simple to advanced ETL (Extraction - Transformation - Load) without coding
- You can clean and shape your data the way you need it
- You learn how to use Machine Learning / AI predictive analytics capabilites of knime (an introduction)
- All this is done by solving a funny and interesting case study
- No coding required
- KNIME can be downloaded for free
- Your interest in data preparation and data analytics, visual analytics is key!
- This crashcourse starts from scratch - we learn the basics and build a solid foundation during the case study
- Tableau Desktop is optional (but not required)
- Microsoft Power BI Desktop is optional (but not required)
KNIME Masterclass - a crashcourse for beginners
A case study the fun and easy way! A great new Data Prep Course awaits you.
Hello everyone hope you are doing fine.
Let’s face it. Data cleaning is always a big hassle, especially if we are short on time and want to deliver crucial data analysis insights to our audience.
But how can we be more efficient in the ETL/ Data Prep process? How can this process be more FUN?
A great tool which comes to our rescue. KNIME allows us to do data preparation / data cleaning in a very appealing drag and drop interface. (No coding experience is required yet it still allows us if we want to use languages like R, Python or Java. So, we can code if we want but don’t have to!). The flexibility of KNIME makes that happen.
And the best: The Desktop version is free!
So, is it worth it to dive deeper into KNIME? ABSOLUTELY! And in this course that is exactly what we do. We start from scratch (I do not expect you to have prior knowledge) and learn KNIME in a (hopefully) very fun and easy way by going through a case study together.
This is a hands-on course, so I expect you to “data prep” along with me. After finishing our data prep we briefly! cover the visualization part where we visualize our prepared dataset in Tableau and in Power BI Desktop (yes we briefly cover both tools and it is up to you which you prefer!)
Finally, we also briefly cover the predictive analytics capabilities of KNIME and see how easy Machine Learning in KNIME can be (again a brief introduction and no coding required!)
If that does not sound like fun, then what? So, if that is interesting to you then let’s get started!
Are you ready?
Who this course is for:
- (Aspiring) data scientists
- (Aspiring) data analysts
- This course is practical and consists of a case study where you can and should follow along to solve tasks
- You want to learn how to effectively clean your data
- You encountered various data issues (e.g. format,...) in the past and are looking for a solid solution
- Data analyts and data scientists who want to work smarter faster and more efficient
Dan is a 33 year old entrepreneur ,data enthusiast consultant and trainer. He holds a master degree and is certified in Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx (Core and Advanced) and KNIME (L1-L3).
He is currently working in Business Intelligence field and helps companies and individuals to get key insights from their data to deliver long term growth and outpace their competitors.
He has a passion for learning and teaching and is committed to support other people, by offering them educational services to help them accomplishing their goals and becoming the best in their profession or explore a new career path.
"The dots will connect"
Just do it!