Knight's Microsoft Business Intelligence 24-Hour Trainer
What you'll learn
- Over 35 lessons and 8 hours of video!
- Learn important BI concepts with thorough discusses.
- Walk through the Try It sections in each lesson to learn on your own.
- Learn the various features of SSIS and SSAS.
- Discover how to build various reports (matrix, parameterized, etc.) to include a dashboard and visualization.
- Integrate your environment with Excel, PowerPivot, data mining, SharePoint.
- All Internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox
Microsoft Office 2010 and SQL Server 2008 R2 bring the power of Microsoft's enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) tools to the vast Microsoft Office market. If you are just starting to get a handle on Microsoft BI tools, this course provides you with the just the right amount of information to perform basic business analysis and reporting. You'll explore the components and related tools that comprise the Microsoft BI toolset as well as the new BI features of Office 2010. After a basic primer on BI and data modeling, the expert team of authors provides you with step-by-step lessons in the videos and ebook on how to use SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel BI (including PowerPivot), and SharePoint. When you’re done, you’ll be able to create dashboards, visualizations, and reports to enhance your business’s understanding of your data. With more than 8 hours of video training arranged into more than 35 bite-sized lessons, this is the perfect way to get up to speed on Microsoft’s complete suite of BI tools.
As a bonus, we’re including the complete ebook for a second ebook Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services. With this crucial resource, you will explore how this newest release serves as a powerful tool for performing extraction, transformation, and load operations (ETL). A team of SQL Server experts deciphers this complex topic and provides detailed coverage of the new features of the 2012 product release. The authors present you with a new set of SISS best practices, based on years of real-world experience and it includes case studies and tutorial examples to illustrate advanced concepts and techniques. You’ll also want to have the free AdventureWorks and AdventureWorksDW databases installed. You can find the versions of these databases we used for Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Service on the Wrox website at http://www.wrox.com/go/SQLServer2012DataSets. Please note that we have removed the version number from the database names. If you already have a versioned database like the AdventureWorks2008R2 database though, this will work for the purposes of the demo.
Visit www.wrox.com and www.wiley.com
Who this course is for:
- IT professionals, DBAs, and tech-savy business analysts who are new to Microsoft's BI tools
- This is a beginner business intelligence course but it does assume that you know SQL Server 2005 or 2008 to run queries against the database engine. It is structured with tutorials for a beginner; it focuses on only the essential components and teaches you what need to complete your project at work or school. As such, this is not a reference filled with a description of every property in a given task.
Founded in 1807, Wiley, In has long been a valued source of information and understanding for more than 200 years, helping people around the world meet their needs and fulfill their aspirations. Wiley and its acquired companies have published the works of more than 450 Nobel laureates in all categories: Literature, Economics, Physiology or Medicine, Physics, Chemistry, and Peace.
Wiley is a global provider of content and content-enabled workflow solutions in areas of scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly research; professional development; and education. Our core businesses produce scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly journals, reference works, books, database services, and advertising; professional books, subscription products, certification and training services and online applications; and education content and services including integrated online teaching and learning resources for undergraduate and graduate students and lifelong learners. Wiley's global headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Canada, and Australia. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbols JWa and JWb.