Cooking Essentials: Equipment for Cooking (New Home Chefs)
What you'll learn
- Feel more confident in the kitchen
- Understand which cookware to invest in and when expensive price tags are unnecessary
- Choose the best cookware for flawless cooking
- Lose weight, get healthier, and reduce stress by cooking more at home
- No action is necessary prior to starting the course.
- It helps to like food & to know you want to be a good home cook.
Student Testimonial: "I love your course so far. I wish I discovered it 22 years ago when I first got married! But it's never too late to improve yourself, I am very happy with your suggestions."
"Every item that Jenna recommended is one that I've been using often since I've watched the course"
**Course updated October 25th, 2016
My goal is for you to feel equipped to make savvy, resourceful choices with building your kitchen. That each time you cook, you think "I'm so glad I have this."
**April 2016 update: I'm proud to announce that 85% of the proceeds from this course has been donated to the medical care of rescued cocker spaniels in the NYC area via Abandoned Angels Cocker Spaniel Rescue.
In less than an hour:
- this course will walk you through the best recommendations for which cookware equipment to invest in, so you spend your money wisely;
- then we get into what basic ingredients to keep stocked in your kitchen so you can always put together a flavorful, simple, nutritious meal without relying on a recipe every time you want to cook;
- and finally, we talk about what to do if you don't get around to using your fresh food or to eating your cooked food.
The course does not get into specific food preparation nor does it provide recipes or cooking techniques. It does, however, show HOW to use the recommended cookware.
The information in the course is based on equipment and ingredients typical to the US, however, I've tried to keep it basic enough that it can translate to any country/culture.
The course will be updated with new information, so you'll always be up-to-date on the latest experiments and findings.
This course is set up to watch it once and have a better grasp of your options and how to make strategic decisions. You will feel equipped to buy what you need and avoid being distracted by what you don't really need (no matter how nifty is looks/sounds!). As I update the course with new information, you'll be notified to take part in the updates.
If you're starting a new diet, this course is extremely important to helping you stay ON TRACK with the best equipment to make cooking easier, quicker, and tastier. Your health will increase due to eating fresher foods, especially increasing your vegetable intake. This course is even beneficial to vegetarians, where cooking vegetables is a huge component to staying energized and healthy.
Entrepreneurs, freelancers, web designers, coders, work from home-ers - this course was made for you. You sit at a desk all day, most likely at home, and your creativity is paramount. Be efficient with your time in the kitchen and invest in yourself with cooking.
At the end of the day, eating is a necessity of life and it heavily affects health and happiness. The only way to control what you eat is to fix it yourself. With food being so important to life, make the effort to enjoy the process. Start your lifelong relationship with food and cooking with this course.
This course is unique because of my personal background. As a certified Health Coach and former Associate Dean of Entrepreneurship and Coaching Skills for a major online nutrition school, I've spent years breaking down "assumed" or "second-nature" information so it can be absorbed and put into action, whether for personal health goals or business-oriented dreams. I get that the simplest things aren't the easiest things and when it comes to cooking and eating, we may have forgotten how natural it is. And we may need to be taught that intuitive nature again. I take that approach in this course with the goal of getting you into the kitchen.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for the individual wanting to cook more at home but feels overwhelmed at which cookware pieces to buy. You appreciate high quality ingredients and will go the extra step for an amazing meal. You want to learn how to cook more often and WELL, and you know that equipment is extremely important to the process. You also want to know how to cook without recipes and therefore, what food to always keep around to make easy, flavorful meals without thinking too hard.
- This course is NOT for someone looking for diet advice, although most of the recommendations in this course can support any new diet endeavor. For instance, if you want to go Paleo, you'll still need equipment, condiments, and basic materials to prepare your diet-specific meals.
- This course is for the avid cook, who wants to upgrade the home cooking experience.
- If you've fumbled through enough recipes to know you like cooking but want to add finesse, use this course to get the best equipment.
Trained as a coach to shift lifestyle behaviors, Jenna specializes in the very basics of eating better (healthier, tastier, quicker) and cooking. Additionally, Jenna is an expert in converting non-cooks to amateur cooks. Her natural curiosity has led her to research products, techniques, and processes for the most simple experience.
She'll teach you just enough to make cooking approachable, make your own food, and reach your goal of eating healthier. Jenna's work is geared towards the self-employed, the creative, the entrepreneurial/intrapreneurial who want to cook more for themselves. She cuts the learning curve when it comes to knowing the what, how, and why. She'll guide you to make the best decisions for yourself and your situation.
Jenna is a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where she also managed the Coaching and Entrepreneurship curriculum. Her love for food and cooking comes from her adventures competing at both the Miss America and Miss USA pageants representing Florida.