What you'll learn
- Understand the equipment in a kitchen
- Understand which equipment is essential and which equipment would be nice to have.
- Be able to use the correct knife for the correct job
- Be able to prepare vegetables in a variety of ways
- Be able to chop vegetables in a wide variety of ways
- Understand and be able to take care of knives.
- Understand and be able to use the main cooking methods when creating in the kitchen
- Understand the importance of Personal Hygiene in the kitchen
- Know the temperature range for bacteria to multiply
- Adapt a recipe to their personal taste buds
- Feel comfortable in a kitchen with the equipment they have
- Be able to cook with confidence in the kitchen
- Nothing at all, sit back and learn, then go and practice in your kitchen. Practice makes cooking easier, but cooking should always be fun.
Cooking is about having fun and experimenting with food. To do that you need to understand some basic principles of cooking methods and food safety. Confidence is key. This course takes the worry out of the fundamentals, and teaches you everything you need to learn to get you started and on the road to success in the kitchen.
It is aimed at new chefs, returning chefs brushing up on knowledge that has become rusty, it is for the college student, single parent try to cook more healthily and needing a starting point,
I have included extra resources, so you can print them off and have them handy.
I have included some recipes to emphasis a cooking method.
I have mainly used video to show you exactly what i mean, but have followed it up with written words in the majority of the lectures.
This course allows you to dip in and out, at sections that you need there and then.
It is a comprehensive course about fundamentals in the kitchen, not just one style but the foundation for you to create in the kitchen successfully.
You will learn and understand all about food hygiene so you know who you are feeding stays fit and healthy.
Who this course is for:
- This course is to teach the skills used in every day cooking and different cooking styles. It is for children, new chefs , those who have just left home,
- A refesher course for those who have not covered the importance of food hygiene for a long time.
- Anyone wishing to master cooking for the first time, or improve the skill level of exisiting knowledge.
- If you feel overwhelmed by the variety of skills needed in a kitchen, this course is for you. It will show you, you have nothing to fear.
Kitchen Coach Tamzin Cochrane helps the busiest of people to cook up something healthy and delicious, even after a long day. A caterer by trade, she has worked in the food and hospitality industry for years, and now she's sharing her passion for food through personal and video coaching, too. She knows that a simple, fresh meal can create space for family and friends to connect. She is especially passionate about bringing back the lost art of families and friends cooking together, and she loves seeing people enjoy the amazing tastes and textures of their communal effort. With some simple strategies, kitchen skeptics realize that cooking doesn't have to be stressful and complicated; in fact, stepping back into the kitchen can be joyful and life-giving!