Kids Yoga - YogiFit Space Adventure!
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of the class kids will learn how to hula hoop
- They will learn yoga poses like tree, warrior III, and many others
- They will burn calories and energy playing the special YogiDance freeze game
- They will learn the Warrior Dance, which teaches them triangle, warrior I & II, reverse warrior, and low lunge
- They will go on a Space Adventure and fly to different planets to explore!
- Yoga Mat
- Children's Hula Hoop
In this YogiFit course with Miss Jessica kids will learn to grow into a tree, practice healthy decisions by making a salad, and go on a Space Adventure in the 30 minute class! Kids will learn our poem that we start every class with to teach them what yoga is all about!
Our other short videos in this course teach them and you other yoga mudra poses to practice on a day to day basis when you have some time! They include imagery to help with relaxation and introduce children to meditation.
In the 30 minute class we move through fun, imaginative yoga poses where kids can pretend they are flying high in the sky, growing into a tree, and traveling in outer space with their hula hoop! This class teaches children many common yoga poses in a fun way to keep them engaged.
Children will learn some sanskrit words like Namaste. They will learn the words for peace and love in another poem that helps them build compassion.
Class ends with relaxation so children can learn to rest their bodies, still their mind and breathe deeper. Relaxation also helps children to have a few moments without stimulation to explore how they are feeling internally.
Class ends with our rest poem to help children understand why they are relaxing.
YogiDance is a yoga-based exercise program for kids. We combine yoga, hula hooping and teach relaxation in every class for the following reasons:
- Yoga improves balance, flexibility, and patience
- Breath training develops healthy minds and improves focus and relaxation
- Hula hooping and games burn calories and strengthen the abdomen
- Non-competitive atmosphere Increases resilience and stress-coping capabilities
YogiDance provides children with a nurturing environment to build self-confidence where no one loses and creativity is encouraged! Expect your child to finish, happy, relaxed and ready for anything!
Miss Jessica teaches the class in this video, and there are no children in the video.
Children should not do yoga at least an hour after eating, and should wait 30 minutes after the class to eat.
- Kids ages 3-10
- Can be done with special needs children who have some assistance
This is a kids yoga program for ages 3-10. It includes one 30 minute main class, and other short videos to learn moer kids yoga poses. Younger children can be assisted by someone older to do the hula hooping if necessary, some 2.5 year-olds will also enjoy this class with some help. The class includes the basics of hula hooping, yoga poses, and activities to get kids moving.