Kids Sewing 101
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Know how to use a sewing machine safely
- Use an iron safely
- Identify the parts of a sewing machine
- Thread a sewing machine and wind a bobbin correctly
- Complete several sewing projects
- No prior sewing experience is necessary.
- Student will need a sewing machine, iron, fabric, pins and scissors
- Student will need basic sewing supplies
Has your child always wanted to learn to sew? Not quite sure how to get started? Have no fear, I've got you covered!
By the end of the course your child will be sewing with confidence!
This online summer camp includes videos and printable instructions that will walk your child through everything they need to know to complete each project safely and sew with ease and confidence.
WHO IS IT FOR?
It's ideal for kids between 8 years and 14 years old who would like to learn to sew and stitch and/or who already have an established desire for sewing, design and crafts.
CLASSES ON YOUR SCHEDULE
Finally, classes scheduled when it is convenient for you! You can log in anytime, day or night. Your child will have lifetime access to the course including updates as the are added!
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN
- How to Safely operate a sewing machine
- How to cut fabric
- How to be creative and select their own fabrics & trims for their projects
- How to sew 3 different basic stitches on a sewing machine
- How to use an Iron safely
- And much more!
Complete 2 projects from start to finish
1. A bookmark
2. A pillowcase with a contrasting band.
This course follows the same format that I have used to teach hundreds of children how to sew in my studio, fabric stores and schools for over 15 years so I know it works!
The classes are self-paced, so students are encouraged to be creative and work at their own pace.
- Kids ages 6-16 that want to learn how to sew or improve their skills.