Kick your Social Media Addiction in just 4 Weeks!
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- After taking this course, students will have retrained their brain to no longer feel the need or desire to use social media in an unproductive way again
- You will learn how nutrition affects the brain and what you eat can help you feel good which helps with kicking an addictive behavior.
- You will learn how to incorporate fitness into your daily routine to keep you focused on good health.
- You will learn how sleep impacts social media addiction.
- You will learn how to understand your own mental health better and whether or not seeing a mental health professional would benefit you.
- You will learn how to live intentionally.
- You will learn how your family plays a role in your social media addiction.
- You will learn how your friends play a role in your social media addiction.
- You will learn how your professional relationships play a role in your social media addiction.
- You will learn certain techniques you can incorporate each week so that your brain returns back to a baseline.
- An understanding of how social media addiction may be negatively impacting their life
- No prior knowledge of addiction is required.
- You will be encouraged to take notes in a journal and will be given action items each week to complete.
- You will need an internet connection and while the course is self paced, it is reccomended that you work through each section over a period of 4 weeks to give yourself time each week to work through the action items given.
- This course will be updated periodically and you will receive monthly email tips that focus on addiction.
- Students who benefit most are students who apply the techniques given each week.
- You will need to be ready to transform your whole life and that goes beyond just social media.
- There are many areas in your life that you will reflect on. Breaking an addiction requires you to focus on your physical health, psychological health and social circles.
- To get the best results you will need to be self motivated and be willing to take a deeper look into your own perceptions and mind. This course changes the way you think about social media.
- It's important to listen to the entire course as well as all of the additional resources and materials that are provided.
Fighting Social Media addiction?
Social Media addiction is real.
By reducing your social media use you will:
Reduce mental health struggles (depression, anxiety, etc.)
Feel less shame and embarrassment
Gain better, real life relationships with those who mean the most to you
This is the most comprehensive course on fighting social media addiction on Udemy! Whether you are using social media for hours each day or maybe you just want to be more productive in general, this is the course for you!
Learning how to manage your social media use is not easy. This course will walk you through each step, day-by-day, week-by-week. Following each step laid out in the course will give you the confidence you'll need to be healthier physically, mentally, and socially.
I am quite confident that this is the most direct program you will find that targets social media addiction. Traditional rehab centers do not focus specially on social media addictions but rather overall behavioral addictions (social media addiction needs to be treated differently.)
While other addictions require a "quit date," social media addiction should not. The goal is not to eliminate social media altogether but rather retrain your brain to think and behave differently when dealing with social media.
You can save a ton of money by taking courses for addiction online. Traditional rehab for behavioral addictions cost thousands of dollars. Being able to take a course online in the privacy of your own home, is not only a powerful way to beat your addiction but a huge cost savings measure as well.
If you add in the flexibility, ease and ability to be in control you will find great success. You can truly overcome your addiction.
This course gives you weekly tasks devoted to your physical, psychological, and social health as well as tasks specifically related to reducing your social media use.
Most of what you read online will only give you a baseline knowledge of social media addiction and fails to dig in deep to specifically outline things you can do each week for great success. I can confidentially say this course goes deep into specifics so that your brain can return back to its original baseline prior to your social media addiction.
There are four sections, each representing one week. Each week I talk about what you can do physically, psychologically, socially and specifically social media related.
You will receive ongoing instructor support via the Q&A as well as monthly emails that focus on addiction related topics.
You will get lifetime access to this course and it will be updated as things change with social media.
So what are you waiting for? Kick that social media addiction for good and move on to a healthier mind and body! Enroll today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is this course only for people who struggle with social media addiction?
A: While this course was primarily written for people who struggle with social media addiction other people can benefit from taking this course such as family members who are worried about a love one or addiction counselors who want more knowledge and insight on addiction and recovery
Q: How is it possible to recover from an addiction online? Don't I need a 12-step program or in-patient rehab?
A: 12 step programs are outdated and their success rates are shockingly low. Not everyone is cut out for rehab and can just leave their family, friends, kids, pets, work, school, etc. The material in this course will give you the tools you need to be successful in fighting an addiction, however, you will need to find the motivation within so you can apply the concepts you will learn.
There is so much stigma around addiction as it is let alone around something that even though millions of people face, it's not traditionally characterized as what society would deep a true addiction. But society is wrong and just by being here today, you are showing courage, strength and willingness to rise above so that you can achieve great success that isn't clouded by what you are seeing everyday online.
This course includes a series of assignments, quizzes, downloadable resources, external links to certain topics related to addiction and recovery and also links to 12 podcasts.
Upon completing the final lecture, you will receive a certificate of completion.
I look forward to seeing your progress and again, if you have any questions before enrolling please let me know. I'm always happy to help.
- Anyone who wants to change the way they think and behave around social media in order to lead a healthier, rounded and more productive life
- People who feel they are addicted to social media.
- Social media addiction is very real and this course will help you understand the theory behind the addiction and how changing the way you think about social media has a direct impact on fighting this addiction.
- Not having a social media addiction means you will have more time in your life to spend with your family, friends, etc. and more time for yourself and personal development.
- Social media addiction affects people from all walks of life; teachers, doctors, students, social workers, entrepreneurs, etc.
- Many professionals who are looking to get into social work that focuses on chemical dependency, addiction or substance abuse would also benefit from taking this course.
- If you are willing to accept that you thoughts create your feelings and once you are able to change the way that you think, your feelings around social media will be much different.
- This course takes a full four weeks so you must be willing to give it your all during the 4 weeks.
- I encourage everyone to be sure they are completing all of the activities, watching all of the lectures and additional resources such as podcasts and youtube clips.
- Enroll in this course if you are ready to make changes physically, emotionally, and socially.
Welcome to Kick Your Social Media Addiction in Just 4 Weeks!
In this course, I am going to teach you how you can break free from your social media addiction in just 4 weeks, using what is called the Success Method.
By the end of this course, you will have more time, be more productive, and be healthier physically, mentally and socially.
My name is Denise and I’m the owner of liverehab.com. I have an education and years of experience in the addiction field. My passion is being able to help people kick their addictions from the comfort of their own home.
When I created Live Rehab 7 years ago, I did so because I was working with and directly affected by people who suffered from drug and behavior addictions but found that most people didn’t respond well to traditional rehab or counseling. Breaking an addiction from home is private, confidential and less expensive.
This course comprises of a step by step, 4 week plan. Each week you’ll get a check list with very specific actionable items for you to complete.
In the next lecture, I’ll give you a rundown of what to expect in each week so you can see exactly how you are going to be free from your social media addiction in just 4 weeks. See you there.
A social media addiction is far more common than you would have ever imagined.
You are not alone. All you need to do is search for social media addiction and you’ll find hundreds of articles and stories with facts and figures all over the world.
Social media addiction is not like other addiction where you can or should quit cold turkey or get rid of completely.
This is how the world communicates now so it’s unrealistic to ask you to alienate yourself from society.
The goal for this course is to teach you how to control your use in a way where it doesn’t interfere with other areas of your life.
I’m going to give a brief rundown of what we’ll be covering this week. Be sure to download and print the checklist and follow along during each lecture.
Your overall health is highly dependent on the foods that you put into your body.Your task for this week is going to be to research online what type of nutritional program you want to start and to pick one that you think will work best for you.
I am going to assume, one the main reasons you use social media is because of your friends. Let’s start with this thought. Have you ever had a close friend that you know personally, whose life is a mess but on social media their life looks glorious? I want you to assume that’s everyone who uses social media and you’re probably guilty of it too.
That’s it for week 2. You’ll want to take the checklist and start scheduling your week. I know it’s a lot and we all have super busy lives but it’s important that you stick to this. Remember, it’s only 4 weeks and you’re almost half way there already. Let’s do a quick recap of what you’ll need to do this week.
Welcome to week 3! Congratulations as you’re already half way there. I know the task list was big this week but I hope you were able to stick with it. If not, it’s okay to continue to work on last week’s tasks as you continue on with this week.
Again we’ll talk about the physical, psychological and social tasks as well as some specific things to do to minimize your social media usage. Let’s get started.
This week - we’ll stick to the same plan but I want you to try and take your healthy eating one step further. This is going to be unique to you. Today, you’ll make your week’s meal plan but when doing so, look at it closely. Is there anything in your plan that you can substitute with something just a little healthier?
For most people, week 3 is where things really start to come together. But if you're still struggling a lot I recommend using an all natural sleep aid such as melatonin. Like with any homeopathic substance, if you're on medication or have concerns, please contact your doctor.
This week, and this will tie in with our next lecture as well, but this week, I want you to think about what type of energy you are putting back into the universe. What I mean by that is, in the past, you’ve wasted a lot of time looking on social media sites, comparing yourself and judging others. That’s not good energy. I’m here to tell you that what you focus on will expand. Let's talk about thinking positively.
I want you to think about how you can be a better: mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, niece, nephew, etc. How is not using social media helping you be better for them? By taking this course, we’ve talked about being present and being the moment. So that’s your task this week for family.
Let’s continue doing what we did last week, If you have time to make another call then aim for that. I’d also like to piggy back off our last lecture and be sure that you know by now you shouldn’t be posting at all on social media, for any reason. There is no good reason to post anything. If you need to get a message out there then you know how to do it - privately through direct message, text, call, email. Etc. It’s been a few weeks now since you started the course so it’s likely that you’ll meet up with a friend while taking this course, if you haven’t already. It’s important to keep this going on not post a status about any of your outings. You’re probably wondering about tags?
Spark up a casual conversation with someone at work or school and find something out about them that you don’t already know. Does your co-worker have any pets? Does your classmate like Thai food? Whatever it is, see how it goes. I think you’ll find it interesting to find something out about a co-worker or classmate that hasn’t been shared online.
Welcome to our final week of nutrition! By now you should be about 2-3 weeks in to following a specific nutrition plan. This combined with everything else, fitness, sleep, your mental and social health - how are you feeling now? I hope the answer is great! I want to encourage you to keep up with healthy eating not just for this course but for your entire life. Meal planning is a must and conscious eating can really be a game changer.
One last thing that I can't stress enough and you'll hear me talk about this in all of my courses. This plan works, but if something seems off to you it's important that you seek the help of professional. If fitness seems really difficult for you , you may want to make an appointment with your doctor to get a physical or a check up.
Welcome to your last week of talking about sleep. Last week you should have started to feel a significant difference. Maybe you feel more refreshed? This week, if you're doing well, there's not much to change.
However, if you're still struggling with falling alseep or staying asleep, it's time to have a professional opinion. It's important, that you don't sweep this under the rug or think that it's going to magically get better. After 3 weeks of making solid changes, you should be feeling great about your sleep.
Since your mental health plays such a critical role in the recovery process, I want to talk to your this week about self-care. I know that may sound cheesy for some of you but hear me out.
Self-care is so important because without it, you would running ragged and what happens when you are stressed, tired or overworked? You make bad decisions. You fall into the trap of spending hours on social media, losing productivity, engaging in bad behaviors and so on.
So this week let’s continue with all of that and I want you to make a commitment to keeping this going even after the course ends. Remember, by now you should be down to just one social media account and when it comes to close family, you should have their numbers or alternative ways of reaching them.
This is your last week so I want you to clean up your friend's list. Take some time to delete people you don't know or you no longer associate with, dig deeper into the privacy settings. It's also important to know how your information is being shared and decide how comfortable you are with your information just being out there.
What you don’t want to do is trade one addiction for another. You don’t want to install a game like candy crush and then get addicted to gaming on your phone (we have a course for that.) If you want to perform at your very best, you need to treat your mind with the respect it deserves. Don’t let garbage get in the way.
Congratulations we’re really proud of you for completing this course. You now have all the tools to fight your social media addiction. We talked about the Success Method and that includes physical, mental and spiritual health. There are specific things you need to do weekly - if you run into any thing you need help with please reach out for help.
We’re always around to help