KiCad Like a Pro 3rd edition
What you'll learn
- Covers KiCad version 6.0.
- Printed Circuit Board design using KiCad.
- Single, double, and multi-layer board design.
- The PCB design process.
- The schematic design process.
- The layout design process.
- How to associate schematic symbols to footprints.
- How to create the layout of a PCB.
- Important PCB concepts, such as edge cuts, copper fills, mounting holes, soldermask, silkscreen, traces etc..
- A detailed knowledge of the KiCad CAD application (its apps, configuration, toolbars, menus, project files etc.).
- Project-based learning to ensure mastery of the topics taught.
- A Linux, Windows or Mac OS computer.
- An Internet connection.
- A growth mindset.
- Patience to learn to mastery.
Welcome to KiCad Like a Pro, 3rd edition. This course will help you learn how to design Printed Circuit Boards using KiCad 6.
KiCad is an open-source, free-to-use, and unrestricted tool for PCB design. It is the world's most popular open-source PCB tool for electronics engineers and hobbyists alike.
KiCad is supported by a dedicated team of volunteer developers and a strong and growing community of users and contributors.
To create KiCad Like a Pro 3rd edition, I have used KiCad 6.
KiCad 6.0 RC1 was published in November 2021 and is the latest major iteration of KiCad.
KiCad 6 is filled with new powerful features and productivity enhancements that make it as good or better than competing expensive commercial CAD applications.
This course will teach you KiCad so that you can use it in your commercial or hobby projects. It takes a practical approach to learning that combines "how-to" content with complete start-to-finish PCB projects.
If you are new to PCB design, this course will help you get started from the ground level. If you are an experienced PCB designer, this course will help you transition to KiCad 6 from another tool or an earlier version of KiCad.
Please read the course description and watch the free lectures in the first section to get more information about this course.
I look forward to learning with you!
Who this course is for:
- Electronics hobbyists.
- Users of other PCB CAD applications that wish to move to KiCad
- STEM students and teachers.
Peter Dalmaris is an educator, electrical engineer, electronics hobbyist, and Maker. Creator of online video courses on DIY electronics and author of three technical books, and has recently released his book Maker Education Revolution.
As a Chief Tech Explorer since 2013 at Tech Explorations, the company he founded in Sydney, Australia, Peter’s mission is to explore technology and help educate the world.
Tech Explorations offers educational courses and Bootcamps for electronics hobbyists, STEM students and STEM teachers.
A life-long learner, Peter’s core skill is in explaining difficult concepts through video and text. With over 15 years of tertiary teaching experience, Peter has developed a simple yet comprehensive style in teaching that students from all around the world appreciate.
His passion for technology and in particular for the world of DIY open source hardware has been a dominant driver that has guided his personal development and his work through Tech Explorations.
Peter’s current online courses have helped over 60,000 people from around the world to be better Makers.
For more information on Peter's work, please go to his web site, techexplorations dot com.