How to Make Animated Videos with Keynote Quickly and Easily
What you'll learn
- Setting up and using Keynote as a video and animation tool
- Animating objects, text, transitions, and more
- Designing custom characters and objects
- Creating transparent overlay graphics (such as lower thirds)
- Adding music, sound effects, and voiceovers
- Resizing videos for Facebook Stories, Instagram, and other social channels
- An Apple Mac computer (e.g., iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air)
- The latest version of Keynote (likely installed already, but if not, you can download for free from the app store)
Most video animation software comes with high costs and steep learning curves. And though there are many online animation tools trying to solve this problem, they require an internet connection and recurring payments.
If you own a Mac, however, Keynote is easy to use and free.
You might know Keynote as a presentation tool. But in reality, it's so much more — it comes with 30+ animation effects, more than 700 customizable shapes, and many other useful features for making videos.
In this course, you’ll discover the settings and techniques you need to unlock Keynote's potential as a robust animation tool. By the end, you'll be able to produce custom animated videos quickly and easily.
What do I get with this course?
90+ minutes of on-demand training videos
4 follow-along exercises with project files
5 popular royalty-free songs from Music for Makers ($95 value)
Custom illustrated character made and editable in Keynote
17 blank social media templates set to best practice dimension ratios
How can I apply what I learn in this course?
Using techniques taught in this course, you'll be able to use Keynote to make:
Promotional videos for social media
Animated intros and transitions for videos
Kinetic typography animations
Overlay motion graphics (e.g., lower thirds)
... and more!
What if I'm not an artist or technically inclined?
The great thing about Keynote is that it makes animation accessible to everyone. Regardless of your experience or skill level, you'll be able to create animated videos you're proud of after taking this course.
Who this course is for:
- Social media content creators
- Anyone wanting to make animated videos — no experience necessary!
If you're a business owner, marketer, or, frankly, anyone trying to capture an audience's attention online, knowing how to make simple animated videos is like a having super power.
But learning traditional animation tools can be a long and frustrating process. That's why I created a course that's more accessible for aspiring animators. It distills everything I know about using Keynote (the presentation software for Mac) to make awesome videos quickly and easily.