Read Music FAST! Part 2: intervals & key signatures
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 11 articles
- 36 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Know what an interval is
- Recognise 2nds, 3rds, 5ths and octaves in a score and on the keyboard
- Read a key signature
- Work out any major scale quickly and easily
- Work out any minor scale quickly and easily
- Know what key a piece is in by looking at the key signature
- ... and know what the key signature is if you know what key the piece is in
- Students need to have completed my "Read Music FAST!" course
"Terrific course with innovative approaches to learning sight reading and beginning music theory, clear explanations and demonstrations, and abundant resource materials, all delivered in a calm, friendly manner. Would give 10 stars if I could. Thank you, Benedict!" - Taome N
"His unique method of understanding scales is, by itself, worth the price of the course. Check it out. Definitely one of the best online classes I’ve taken." – Lynn Kear
"If only every teacher/instructor could make learning this easy for their students." - Nana Okyere
Since I launched my "Read Music FAST!" course 2 years ago people have been asking for a sequel, and I've finally had time to make one. In Part 1 I showed you how to read individual notes really fast using my unique reference note system. In this course I show you how to read notes in context, by getting really good at reading the distance between notes, and how to read and memorise the key signatures, all using lots of worked examples. I also reveal my Red/Blue System for working out major scales which I've been teaching my private students for years but have never published publicly before.
Note: this course does not teach you who to read rhythm. That's a huge subject that will require an entire course to itself!
- This course is for anyone wanting to apply the note-reading skills they learned in my "Read Music FAST!" course to real pieces of music
- This course is *not* for anyone wanting to learn how to read rhythm - I hope to cover that in a later course!
Note: the file "twinkle_twinkle" is for this lecture, but I've also included all of the PDF's for the entire course assembled into 3 files, for anyone who'd like to download and print them all at once. The main one is "read_music_fast_part_2" (which includes "twinkle_twinkle"). I've put "octaves_test_solution" separately because I didn't want to put the solution right next to a test. "major_key_tunes_in_all_keys" is an optional extra for anyone who completes the advanced "How to really master any scale" lecture.