KPIs: Key Performance Indicators A-Z: Performance Management
What you'll learn
- Practical tools and techniques that will enable you to implement a robust set of KPIs
- Align your KPIs with the bigger business objectives
- Present your data in a clear and engaging way
- Enforce real, effective change in your business by choosing which metrics you should be measuring
- Transform your working practices, whether as part of a larger company or for your own venture
- Create complementary metrics that will work together to ensure the best possible outcomes
- Deal with objections and resistance from other team members who don’t yet understand the transformative power of a solid set of KPIs
- Take control of your performance and understand what drives improvements
- Level-up your data skills so you can move up the career ladder
- Only an appetite to improve yourself and enhance your performance metrics
- A desire to implement a robust set of KPIs
- Ready to experience the rush and fulfilment of improving your business operations with the right set of KPIs
Why you can’t afford to ignore KPIs…
Key Performance Indicators are essential to anyone who takes their work, business or craft seriously. Whether you’re an individual focusing on career progression, or a multi-level organisation wanting to improve productivity in your teams, KPIs are one of the most effective business strategies for increasing productivity, growth and turnover.
KPIs give you valuable insights so you can review your current performance objectively and highlight all the opportunities for improvement. Whether you’re a start-up with a sharp focus on growth, or an analyst implementing a new reporting system, this course will level-up your data skills and help you get a solid set of KPIs up and running so you can drive performance and bring profound benefits to your team, business or organisation.
KPIs: The Road To Rapid Improvements
This course provides you with practical tools and techniques to plan and structure your KPI strategy so you can make informed business decisions and achieve high performance in all aspects of your organisation. From looking at what KPIs are and why we need them, to how to choose the right indicators for your business, we’ll also explore how to effectively present your data to get the maximum impact using clear and easy-to-understand charts, graphs and infographics.
From understanding the hierarchy of KPIs to learning how team leaders and department heads can ensure their performance indicators align to achieve the overall company objectives, this course will take you through evaluating existing metrics and highlighting some cardinal sins that you’ll want to avoid. This course will make you feel confident in planning, implementing and reporting your most important performance data.
Take the lead!
By the time you finish this course, you’ll understand how to select and implement a robust set of KPIs that best suit your business, allowing you to analyse performance, make adjustments and motivate your team to create change and achieve great things. A good set of KPIs will bring extensive benefits to every team looking to get more from their performance - and you’re now in a great place to take the leading role in making that happen.
About Laurence Gartside
Laurence Gartside is a management consultant and business operations coach with a master’s degree in manufacturing, engineering and management from the University of Cambridge. He has consulted for numerous major companies around the world and is the founder of Rowtons Training.
In this course, you will learn:
• Practical tools and techniques that will enable you to implement a robust set of KPIs
• How to make sure your KPIs align with the wider business objectives
• Tools to help you present your data in a clear and engaging way
• Choosing which metrics you should be measuring to enforce real, effective change in your business
• Find it easy to create a set of KPIs that will transform your working practices, whether as part of a larger company or for your own venture
• Learn how to create complementary metrics that will work together to ensure the best possible outcomes
• How to deal with objections and resistance from other team members who don’t yet understand the transformative power of a solid set of KPIs
• Take back control of your performance and understand what drives improvements and what might be holding you back from achieving your full potential
• Level-up your data skills so you can move up the career ladder
Start getting your business back on track with a set of KPIs that will increase productivity, growth and turnover and transform your organisation TODAY!
Full Course Contents
1. Introduction to Key Performance Indicators
Benzo’s Ice Cream - KPI Course Overview
The Green Mayor Joke - Part 1
The Green Mayor Joke - Part 2
Who uses Performance Metrics?
2. Who uses KPIs?
What are KPIs?
Do we really need KPIs?
Why do we need KPIs?
Mission, Vision, Strategy, Goals
Hierarchy of KPIs
3. Business Performance Management
Business Performance - Introduction
Business Perspective - Metrics
Operations Perspective - Metrics
Operations Perspective - Examples
Metrics vs KPIs
Objectives & Key Results (OKR)
Progress, Plans, Problems (PPP)
4. Choosing and Evaluating Metrics
Choosing and Evaluating Metrics - Introduction
The Cobra Effect
Sub part Optimization ≠ System Optimization - Part 1
Sub part Optimization ≠ System Optimization - Part 2
KPIs aren’t everything
Important Concepts - Introduction
Leading vs Lagging KPIs
Integrated / Complementary Metrics
Implementing KPIs - Introduction
Start with what you can control
Objection Handling - The “Real” Objections
Visibility of KPIs
Telling a story (with KPIs)
Telling a story (with KPIs) - Top Tips
6. Presentation of KPIs
Presenting KPIs - Introduction
Charts and Graphs
Line, Bar, Hybrid & Scatter Charts
Waterfall & Pie Charts
Histogram, Tables and Gauges
Presenting Data - Key Points
Reviewing Examples - Charts and Graphs Presentation
Infographics - Introduction
Infographics - Evaluating Examples
Dashboards - Introduction
Dashboards - Evaluating Examples
How to Get your Certificate
Who this course is for:
- Those who wish to become an authority in their workplace on business performance improvement
- People working in Production, Manufacturing, Industrial Operations, Business Operations
- Supervisors, Consultants, Engineers, Planners & Analysts, Management & Leadership teams
- Ambitious self-starters who want to have a bigger impact at work, improve things and get noticed
Helping You Level-Up Your Business Operations
Trainer and Consultant in Industrial and Corporate Business Operations - building high-performance teams, processes and systems.
-Business Performance Improvement
-Supply Chain, Logistics and Inventory
I work with management teams to improve their business systems; bringing structure, practical analysis and direct action to help your team make a big impact, fast.
My Training Courses
- Operations Management A-Z
- Lean Manufacturing A-Z
- Supply Chain Management A-Z
- Logistics Management: International Freight and Shipping
- Inventory Management A-Z
- Safety Stock Inventory Calculation
- KPIs: Key Performance Indicators
- Supply Chain KPIs and Performance
In my courses, I teach the most valuable subject knowledge, in the least time, that you can really "use" to enhance your own career and business. All wrapped up with a few goofy jokes, silly stories and inappropriate examples!
Industrial Sectors of Experience
✔Automotive OEM and Suppliers
✔FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods)
✔High Value Manufacturing
✔Precious Metal Processing
✔Job Shop Manufacturing
Whether you're looking to become an Operations Manager, land that promotion or give your team the foundations of business operations management. Let me help level-up your career credentials and your teams'
I'm Laurence Gartside and Rowtons Training is my company - offering online, recorded and live training courses in Business Operations Management, Supply Chain Management and Performance Improvement.